Chicka Chicka ABC (Chicka Chicka Book, A) by…

Chicka Chicka ABC (Chicka Chicka Book, A) (original 1990; edition 1993)

by Bill Martin Jr. (Author)

Series: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (board book)

1,0244316,138 (4.02)None
An alphabet rhyme/chant that relates what happens when the whole alphabet tries to climb a coconut tree.
Member:rgeiger15
Title:Chicka Chicka ABC (Chicka Chicka Book, A)
Authors:Bill Martin Jr. (Author)
Info:Little Simon (1993), 14 pages

Work Information

Chicka Chicka ABC by Jr Bill Martin (1990)

This story is so fun to read - but even more fun to sing (and dance to)! Great story for a more active group of learners! (Or even as a ‘dance break’)
  Jennifer.Russell | Sep 19, 2019 |
This book was one of my all time favorite books as a child and is still one of my personal favorites. This book tells the story of the alphabet letters, as they climb to the top of a coconut tree. The beautiful, flowing rhymes, colorful illustrations, and the ways that this book makes learning the alphabet fun for readers, are only a few of the reasons I love this book. I read the book multiple times, even aloud. I felt as if I was singing a song, due to the ways the words flow and repetition. I would read this book to a classroom of students in a heartbeat, and love it! ( )
  Gabrielle21 | Sep 1, 2018 |
The Alphabet gets themselves into trouble when the climb up the coconut tree but that is not quite enough to keep them down! All around fun book for many different teaching standards! ( )
  ElizabethHogeland | Aug 1, 2018 |
Cute rhyming and rhythmic book that introduces and reinforces the letters of the alphabet. ( )
  katie.greenfield | Nov 26, 2017 |
Overall, I really enjoyed this book for many reasons. One of the biggest reasons why I enjoy this book is because of the rhythm and beat. For example, it starts of stating; “a to b and told c I will beat you to the top of the coconut tree.” Then proceeds to use the rest of the alphabet with more rhythms. The book was written cleverly, and had a great rhyming beat to learning the alphabet. The way the authors bring the letters to life is unique and readers can connect to human living. For examples, the book talks about the lowercase letter going to see their “momma, papa, uncles, and aunts hug their little dears and dust their pants.” Readers can relate to one’s own family members and how they might run to them in a time of need. It also repeats the alphabet throughout the story, which is good practice. The illustrations are bright and colorful, which I like because it helps bring the book to life as well. It helps make the book fun and exciting. With the unique style the authors used I would rate this book 5 out of 5 stars after these reasons. ( )
  tweiss3 | Oct 16, 2017 |

Martin, Bill, Jrprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Archambault, Johnmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Ehlert, LoisIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 169,964,409 books! | Top bar: Always visible