I Was so Mad (Little Critter) by Mercer…

I Was so Mad (Little Critter) (original 2000; edition 2005)

by Mercer Mayer (Author)

A child tries a variety of ways to dissolve anger.
Member:Bdaniels0924
Title:I Was so Mad (Little Critter)
Authors:Mercer Mayer (Author)
Info:Scholastic, Inc. (2005)

I Was So Mad by Mercer Mayer (2000)

I have mixed feelings about this book. This story is about a little critter who couldn't do the things that he wanted to do so he was angry--everyone kept telling him no. I think this is a very relatable story for children, because some children don't know how to cope with not getting their way. However, I did not like that little critter was only happy once he got his way--which is how the book ended. The language, writing, illustration, and overall format of the book is really great. As a kid, I always loved Mercer Mayer's little critter books. However, the message of this story is what gave me mixed feelings about it. ( )
  reddin1 | Feb 26, 2019 |
Little critter
  jhawn | Jul 31, 2017 |
I like this book for several reasons. I like this book because first the illustrations are silly and relate to what the writing says. For example, in the book it says repeatedly, "I'm so mad" is said and in the illustrations you can see the main character with a frown on his face and his eyes half way shut, looking mad. I also liked the writing of this book because it was engaging to see what the character would be mad at next and if he would ever be happy. On almost each page it says "I was so mad" until the very end when he was able to play baseball and he said, " I will run away tomorrow if I'm still so mad." Therefore the reader has to see on the next page will he still be mad or will something finally made him happy in the end. ( )
  Jclark36 | Mar 15, 2017 |
little critter gets mad and he is trying to run away but he ends up calming down and decides to run away another day
2 book
  TUCC | Dec 19, 2016 |
Genre:
Fantasy

Summary:
Little critter decides to run off after being angry at his family for not doing what he wants to do. I could use this book as a interesting book for my class to relate to, or if there is an issue like Little Critters in the classroom.
  alewis14 | Nov 23, 2016 |
I wanted to keep some frogs in the bathtub, but Mom wouldn't let me.

With minimal text and funny illustrations to spell out every new situation, the book shows the Critter family saying no to everything Little Critter wants to do. He can't keep frogs in the tub. He can't help paint the house. Finally, mad at the world, Little Critter announces he will run away. When pals come by and ask him to come and play baseball, our young hero's mood quickly changes.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,369,553 books! | Top bar: Always visible