Incriminating Evidence

by Rachel Grant

Series: Evidence Series (4)

From enemies to allies...When archaeologist Isabel Dawson stumbles upon an unconscious man deep in the Alaskan wilderness, her survival skills are put to the test. She tends his wounds and drags him to shelter, only to discover she's saved the life of Raptor CEO Alec Ravissant--the man who may have covered up her brother's murder to save his senatorial campaign.With no memory of the assault that landed him five miles deep in the forest, Alec doesn't know what to believe when he wakes in the clutches of the beautiful redhead who blames him for her brother's death, but he quickly realizes he needs her help to uncover the truth about his lost hours.Isabel never imagined she'd find herself allied with Alec, and he's the last man she ever expected to find attractive. But the former Army Ranger-turned-politician proves seductively charming, and he's determined to win much more than her vote. When their quest for answers puts Isabel in the crosshairs, Alec must risk everything--his company, his campaign, and his life--to protect her.… (more)

Isabel Dawson has spent months trying to shut down the Alaskan military training facility called Raptor. She is certain that her brother was murdered there, but the best she has been able to do is a temporarily closure to search for safety violations. While searching the area, Isabel runs across an unconscious man that she soon realizes is Alec Ravissant, owner of Raptor and senatorial candidate from Maryland. She knows that if she doesn't help him, he will die in the wilderness, so she makes a travois and drags him to a cabin nearby where they can get out of the harsh conditions. Once he is rescued by his men from Raptor, Alec starts to believe that his experience prior to being found by Isabel seems a lot like what she suspects happened to her brother. Together, they begin an investigation that reveals a link to a possible conspiracy inside Alec's own organization.
Incriminating Evidence is a good entry in the Evidence series. Alec and Isabel are likable characters, and the mystery, while a bit far-fetched, does have its basis in factual research done by the author. Although a little slow in places, for the most part this is an enjoyable read. ( )
  ftbooklover | Oct 12, 2021 |
The romance was good. The mystery was good. The combination in this book turned out weird, which added interest. I liked the characters and the setting. ( )
  BridgitDavis | Apr 22, 2020 |
A for originality and creativity. I love how this author incorporates something that a reader may or may not have heard of and twist it into a captivating thrill ride of a story.

When this book starts out it looks normal enough. A archeologist is in the forest of Alaska doing surveying. She is also grieving over the death of her brother which happened to be in the same forest when she comes across a man who face has been beaten and he is bleeding from a nasty head wound. Being too far away from her vehicle or any cell services she manages to make a tarp and drags him to an old cabin. She figures out who he is not long after and it’s the man she blames for the death of her brother, one she started a war against by trying to close down the security company he runs.

After the reveal of their identities some things like you’d only see in a science fiction movies happen. They were soo cool. Now I should saw it was hurtful things to the heroine and hero but for me as a reader this is where I was silently rejoicing at a suspense plot I’ve never read before which these days come far and few between.

I’m not going tell what those things were cause I think the reader needs to experience them as the author reveals them in the book. But all aspects of the story were great – the plot – the main characters who have a strong love/hate relationship thing going that was HOTTT – very sexy steaming love scenes and even some sick torture of the like I’ve not read before.

I highly recommend this series to anyone that’s looking for something different than cookie cutter romantic suspense. Each of these books has been so thrilling to read and I cannot wait to get the next one.
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
DESCRIPTION, NOT REVIEW: When archaeologist Isabel Dawson stumbles upon an unconscious man deep in the Alaskan wilderness, her survival skills are put to the test. She tends his wounds and drags him to shelter, only to discover she’s saved the life of Raptor CEO Alec Ravissant—the man who may have covered up her brother’s murder to save his senatorial campaign.

With no memory of the assault that landed him five miles deep in the forest, Alec doesn’t know what to believe when he wakes in the clutches of the beautiful redhead who blames him for her brother’s death, but he quickly realizes he needs her help to uncover the truth about his lost hours.

Isabel never imagined she’d find herself allied with Alec, and he’s the last man she ever expected to find attractive. But the former Army Ranger-turned-politician proves seductively charming, and he’s determined to win much more than her vote. When their quest for answers puts Isabel in the crosshairs, Alec must risk everything—his company, his campaign, and his life—to protect her. ( )
  treehousereader | Jun 23, 2016 |
I had the pleasure to preview Incriminating Evidence (Evidence #4) by Rachel Grant . As with other books in the “Evidence” series it was a great book…I truly enjoyed this book, maybe more than the other books in the series – and highly recommend it for readers who enjoy Romantic Suspense.

The book had a good plot with an even mix between the “who-dun-it” and the romance. The lead characters were well defined, and equally matched in personal conviction and “alpha” traits. No frail, need to be saved female lead here!

The romance had lots of sexual tension, and the chemistry between Alec & Isabel could be felt by the reader. Once the smoldering fire ignited, it was well written, tasteful, with some good one liners and supportive of the overall plot. The twists and turns of the plot, cast suspicion on many of the supporting characters. The writing was evenly paced and at no time did it feel rushed. The HEA was as expected, and the author left no loose ends as far as the overall plot went.

As I read the book I couldn't help but remember an old Kate Bush song – Experiment IV, track #9 on the album The Whole Story. Published by Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

“We were working secretly
For the military
Our experiment in sound
Was nearly ready to begin

We only know in theory what we are doing
Music made for pleasure
Music made to thrill
It was music we were making here until

They told us, all they wanted
Was a sound that could kill someone
From a distance, so we go ahead
And the meters are over in the red
It's a mistake in the making”

I wish to extend my thanks to the author, NetGalley and All Night Reads for the advanced readers copy. The book has an expected publishing date of Mar 24 2015.

For me this was a 5 star read, and I have a personal copy on pre-order, as Rachel Grant deserves the support for this great book.

kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,841,837 books! | Top bar: Always visible