Leopard's Fury (A Leopard Novel) by…

Leopard's Fury (A Leopard Novel) (edition 2016)

by Christine Feehan (Author)

Series: Leopard Series (9)

"With her own bakery in San Antonio, Evangeline Tregre made a new life far from the brutal lair of shifters she was born into. Though she is all too aware of her leopard-shifter blood, she never felt the sensation of a wild animal stirring inside her. Not until Alonzo Massi walked into her bakery. The powerful shifter is as irresistible as he is terrifying, but his icy demeanor tells her to keep her distance. Alonzo knows better than to let himself get involved with someone like Evangeline. She doesn't deserve the type of danger that follows him, or the threat of his Amur leopard. But even with his lean muscle and iron will, Alonzo isn't strong enough to stay away from the one woman who can make him feel at peace. And when their secret lives draw a mortal threat, Alonzo unleashes the feral passion he keeps pent up inside himself"--Amazon.com.… (more)
Member:Anna214
Title:Leopard's Fury (A Leopard Novel)
Authors:Christine Feehan (Author)
Info:Berkley (2016), Edition: 1st, 384 pages

Leopard's Fury by Christine Feehan

They both grew up in brutal lairs, they both escaped them and they are both hiding from them. He and his leopard were trained to be brutal killers, caring for no one, She was mostly abandoned and left to hide from her grandfather's leopard. I was looking forward to Alonzo's story and for the most part I liked the story. There was a bit of repetition, that got old but otherwise it was engaging.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Wow! It wasn't all 'down on your knees and suck my cock woman!" I think it was 3/4 of the book before they actually got around to sex. I must say that the ending felt very rushed. Have a major thing happening. Then cut and the next chapter is weeks ahead and there's a wedding. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Mar 26, 2017 |
Christine Feehan’s LEOPARD'S FURY is a thrilling read. Leopard shifter/bakery owner, Evangeline Tregre, left her lair in hopes of a better life. Crime boss/Amur leopard shifter Alonzo Massi life is full of danger. He doesn’t want to bring Evangeline into his lifestyle, but his leopard has other ideas. This contemporary PNR takes place in San Antonio, Texas. It is suitable for adult audiences.

Christine Feehan does a great job with her character development. They are complex and interesting. Evangeline had a horrible childhood, on her own trying to stay alive. She works hard to establish her bakery and build a better life for herself. She has a big heart and a wonderful personality that wins people over. She is a strong heroine who is very likeable. Alonzo had a horrible childhood as well, being raised in a ruthless lair as a killer. He is a good leader and powerful man. He takes care of what is his. Evangeline and Alonzo both have secrets. The two complement each other well and have great chemistry. I like that they both grow throughout the story.

The plot was well executed and exciting. The characters have a lot of obstacles to overcome. I enjoyed the criminal aspect to the novel. I like Alonzo’s allies. They have similar values and interests. I appreciated how the characters from the previous books from the series were integrated into this story. I also like how the leopards can sense a lie. LEOPARD'S FURY is an exciting and worthwhile read. It had interesting twists and felt believable. This is a great book for people that enjoy paranormal romances with mafia incidents. The story is full of conspiracy, danger, and romance. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book. ( )
  dlynch | Nov 7, 2016 |
This review is based on an eARC I received from NetGalley. It is an honest and voluntary review and the advanced receipt of it in no way affected my review or rating.

When I started this book I was instantly in love with the female protagonist Evangeline. She is written as a strong, independent, and intelligent character who has relied only upon herself and her leopard since childhood. She is just starting her business but is satisfied that she is making it on her own. The male protagonist is introduced right away and his profession is easily deduced. So there is no grand reveal about what he does as a living. More clarification that anything.

The main plot in this story is that both Evangeline and Alonzo have experienced their own type of abuses and hardships. They have suffered and through that suffering developed methods of coping that make relationships with others difficult. Although Evangeline starts crushing on Alonzo from the start Alonzo remains cold as ice. There is great character development during the time it takes for both of them to be willing to explore what it means to be together. During this time, we learn more about their backgrounds, all the juicy secrets they are keeping and the lustful desires that they harbor for one another. I really like it when relationships are developed over time. It gives the story a more realistic feel to me.

So there a romantic oooh-la-la between Evangeline and Alonzo but there is also relationship building between their leopards as well. I loved the connection between Evangeline and Bebe, her leopard. You can really feel the love between them and Bebe is very confident and a bit cheeky. Alonzo’s leopard is a savage killer but he knows what he wants and it is Bebe. 😉 There is a great deal of sweetness to counter the savagery in this story and I just loved it.

Alright, you know that this is a novel by Christine Feehan so do I really need to explain that there are Sexy Times in this story? Well just in case you are not familiar with her work, yes, there are Sexy Times. Although this is a story that includes sexual relations it is mostly focused on what is happening between Evangeline and Alonzo.

What did I not like? Not a huge fan of controlling Alpha males and Alonzo is all that and more. Let me be clear, I am okay with Alpha males actually but not males who like to be the “alpha male” in sexual situations. In the bedroom his character is written to be very controlling to the point of telling her to fold her clothes properly and place them properly where he wants them. Granted he is a giving lover and relaxes a bit but for me it just grates on my nerves. I would have definitely have tossed the shirt and told him to just deal, sheesh. He gets better as the story goes on but it was some definite points off for me.

Absolutely wonderful read that I enjoyed from beginning to end. I like where this series has come from and where it is going. I am most assuredly looking forward to the next installment in this series! If you enjoy paranormal romance that revolves around shape-shifters, then you need to check out this book and this series. You will not be disappointed.

*Thank you to NetGalley & Berkley Publishing Group for this eARC of Leopard’s Fury* ( )
  TheGenreMinx | Nov 2, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

"DAMN it, Evangeline you need to come back home."

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,379,420 books! | Top bar: Always visible