Los Dias del Venado by Liliana Bodoc

Los Dias del Venado (2000)

by Liliana Bodoc

Spanish (7)  English (3)  All (10)
This was different because at times it frankly just felt..well too real. Like yes that could have happened, those people could have lived in the Americas. Some fantasy books are just too easy to put in a special country or place. But it still worked because in the end, yes in the end it was different.

I already told you this is a fantasy world set in a sort of America, both the south and northern part is here. All mixed into one where different people live. There is also magic and a strange creature of some sort that live among them. Across the sea in the Ancient Lands lives the North men and there also lives a darkness. Which is what this book is about. Darkness is coming, or is it? Messengers are sent out to gather "ambassadors" from all the tribes, clans and lands to talk this over.

There was this sort of magic shimmer of the story. I was never truly there, more sort of in the air above them looking down (ok that makes no sense but it's hard to explain.) I was never in their hearts or heads. It's not like any fantasy I have read, well except for this one strange cool one, because yes it was different and strange at times. The language more poetic somehow. And she does begin and end like this was a saga told now, from a time long long ago.

I had to check, yes this is the only one translated to English so I had to read a blurb in Spanish to see what's next. Because even though it is a series it all came to a fine conclusion. ( )
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
The story is beautiful and sad since the beginning [a:Liliana Bodoc|973522|Liliana Bodoc|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1269032052p2/973522.jpg] create an amazing fantasy world with the magic of latin america. It can be said that this trilogy is the latin american version of [b:The Lord of the Rings|33|The Lord of the Rings (The Lord of the Rings, #1-3)|J.R.R. Tolkien|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1388181159s/33.jpg|3462456]. Indeed they are some character that can be similar (we can feel that since the moment we see the appearance of Kupuka. Like Gandalf he is the person in charge of explaining the evil that is coming. We can make great parallels between him and the other wizards in the book, and yes, is a battle of Good Vs Evil, but besides these kind of paralells you kind assume the books are similar, this book tends to be more hard, tend to be more cruel and show us the importance of the moral values in a way that [a:J.R.R. Tolkien|656983|J.R.R. Tolkien|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1383526938p2/656983.jpg] never manage in his books, is a great beginning to a powerful trilogy. ( )
  CaroPi | May 22, 2015 |
I can't say how much I love this trilogy. I bought all three in a whim, and when I learned the author had previously only made children books, I thought I would be disappointed, but I was not.
I don't regret my purchase at all. It kept me hooked from beginning of the first book until the very end of the last book.
It's a sort of cavemen story, if you may, mixed in with fantasy.

They must be read in order. The three books describe in parts the main setting and troubles that arise, an all out war between good and evil, and it's resolution. ( )
  AshuritaLove | Apr 7, 2013 |

Liliana Bodocprimary authorall editionscalculated
Arendar, Lucia CaistorTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Caistor, NickTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

In the House of Stars, the Astronomers of the Open Air read contradictory omens. A fleet is coming to the shores of the Remote Realm. But are these the long-awaited Northmen, returned triumphant from the war in the Ancient Lands? Or the emissaries of the Son of Death come to wage a last battle against life itself? From every village of the seven tribes, a representative is called to a Great Council. One representative will not survive the journey. Some will be willing to sacrifice their lives, others their people, but one thing is certain: the era of light is at an end.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,658,768 books! | Top bar: Always visible