We Found a Hat

by Jon Klassen

Series: My Hat (3)

Two turtles find a hat that looks good on both of them, but, with fairness in mind, they decide to leave it be, until night falls and one of the turtles changes its mind.

I was surprised by this book - I thought I knew what I was in for but in a happy twist, nobody got murdered!
Klassen continues to kill it. I'm not even going to pretend that I'm thinking about whether or not a kid would like this book because I don't care. I love this book. The low-key dialogue and layout, paired with the shiftiest of all shifty eyes, can somehow portray some serious emotion. The turtles don't even have eyebrows and I can see the shifting feelings roiling inside of turtle 1.

Man, it's just so simple and beautiful. I'm sad this is the third in the trilogy, but I'm excited to see what's coming. ( )
  katebrarian | Jul 28, 2020 |
"We Found a Hat" by Jon Klassen was a fantastic picture book, telling a story of two turtles faced with the challenge of both wanting a hat, but there only being one. The story would be great for use with young readers. The story has a great and meaningful message behind it, allowing the reader to see themes of friendship and sharing. Young readers especially will benefit from seeing and even relating to the friendship between the turtles, and to the practice of sharing things that you may want. The reader also gets a glimpse at problem solving skills. I like how the book could be read in pairs as a "call and response" story. This would allow the readers to take a role in the story. The illustrations that accompany the print are wonderfully portraying the turtles' actions, thoughts, and feelings as they face having to make a decision. I love the decision that the turtle made at the end of the book, to imagine both turtles with hats instead of taking the only hat for himself, because it shows the value of friendship. ( )
  kstyro1 | Feb 26, 2020 |
In my opinion, this is a fantastic book. Klassen uses cute illustrations and dialogue that are great for young children. This simple and sweet picture book sends a great message to children about sharing and friendship. “We Found A Hat,” includes funny and cute dialogue between two turtles and a hat in a simplistic manner. The book starts out by saying, “We found a hat. We found it together.” This automatically captured my eyes and excited me into what the story would become. I would highly recommend this adorable book to young children! ( )
  Afeher1 | Feb 15, 2020 |
Two turtles have found a hat. The hat looks good on both of them. But there are two turtles. And there is only one hat.
  wichitafriendsschool | Nov 28, 2019 |

Jon Klassenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Heller, JohnnyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

My Hat (3)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,971,828 books! | Top bar: Always visible