Imperfect Echoes: Writing Truth and Justice…

by Carolyn Howard-Johnson (Author)

214,605,113 (5)None
Accepted for inclusion in Poets & Writers prestigious list of published poets, multi award-winning novelist and poet Carolyn Howard-Johnson is widely published in journals and anthologies. She is the recipient of the California Legislature's Woman of the Year in Arts and Entertainment Award, and her community's Character and Ethics award for her work promoting tolerance with her writing. She was also named to Pasadena Weekly's list "Fourteen San Gabriel Valley women who make life happen" and was given her community's Diamond Award for Achievement in the Arts. One of her poems won the Franklin Christoph poetry prize. She was an instructor for UCLA Extension's world-renown Writers' Program for nearly a decade. Learn more about all her books at http://bit.ly/CarolynsAmznProfile or http://howtodoitfrugally.com.… (more)
Member:FrugalBookPromo
Title:Imperfect Echoes: Writing Truth and Justice with Capital Letters, lie and oppression with Small
Authors:Carolyn Howard-Johnson (Author)
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2015), 148 pages

Work Information

Imperfect Echoes: Writing Truth and Justice with Capital Letters, lie and oppression with Small by Carolyn Howard-Johnson

Recently added byFrugalBookPromo, Darcia

No tags

Carolyn Howard-Johnson has the ability to transform intensely personal experiences and emotions into poetry that belongs to all of us. She draws us in, embracing us with her words.

I love the theme of this collection. Carolyn looks at the broad scope of war, humanizing events, inviting us to see beyond political soundbites. We're not given a stream of violent words to spark graphic images. Her intent here is not to shock with trails of blood. Instead, we're shown what war looks like from a smaller standpoint; a child, a grandmother, a friend. We also see what compassion looks like, what real justice might feel like if we could learn to embrace our differences.

This is a beautiful collection of poems that can be read and reread many times over. ( )
  Darcia | Mar 24, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,715,218 books! | Top bar: Always visible