Blood Magic

by Danielle Rose

Series: Blood Books {Rose} (2)

314,219,628 (5)None
There's a little witch in us all. Avah Taylor thought she had already faced the worst: as her coven's chosen one, destined to receive a power that could kill her, she was forced to make the ultimate sacrifice when she gave up her mortal life to become a vampire, the witches' greatest enemy. But just when she begins to adjust to her new life, even as she falls in love with her sire, the high priestess of her new coven is seized by Rogue vampires. Guided by Avah's visions of the past, present, and future, Avah and the other vampires set out to rescue their priestess, but their journey leads Avah to the discovery that the conspiracy behind her power runs deeper than she ever imagined, a secret that forces her to reconsider, once again, who she can trust. With her abilities as both witch and vampire, Avah may be the only one who can locate her coven's high priestess. But as her visions grow increasingly terrifying, and her life is threatened by both enemies and those she once loved most, Avah begins to wonder if she may not have a future at all.… (more)
Recently added byJiMartin, Yak_Litsy, naturalbri

No tags

Danielle Rose has created a seamless transition from the superb first book in this series, to this excellent continuation. I found this second book to be as good as, if not better than the first book.

The vampire, witchy setting is a great blend of two of the best paranormals out there, and Rose makes it even better by adding in the angst and fear that their world may be in danger. The story really does have you hooked within the first few chapters. You become so involved in the characters and what they are going through that you can't leave the story. I couldn't even skip a night or reading it.

The characters are still brilliant. They were created very well in the first book and this book keeps each character consistent with the previous book. We also get the opportunity to learn more about them, and really delve deep into how they think, act and handle stressful situations.

The pace was perfect. We had speedy moments to really give us the feel that there was danger and a reason to rush about and get things done. There were typical life moments, where we bumbled along and just lived through the characters for a moment. Finally, there were slower moments where we were given a twist or some detail to try and sort through, and come to terms with. Time to really soak it in.

Overall, I think this is a brilliant continuation to the series. It it one of the smoothest transitions between first and second books I have ever read. It is interesting, exciting and fun in so many ways and it will really pull you in and have you hooked.

I highly recommend this read, especially if you are a fan of vampires and witches.

**I received this book for free in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. ( )
  naturalbri | Mar 28, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,171,159 books! | Top bar: Always visible