Mother's Day blessings by Mike Berenstain

Mother's Day blessings (edition 2016)

by Mike Berenstain, Stan Berenstain, Jan Berenstain

Series: Living Lights, Berenstain Bears (Paperback 2016)

Mama Bear is the best mama in all of Bear Country and Brother, Sister, and Honey Bear know just what to do for her on Mother's Day. In this newest title in the Berenstain Bears Living Lights, The Berenstain Bears Mother's Day Blessings, join the Bear family and all of Bear Country as they spend Mother's Day together remembering just why our mothers are so special to all of us!… (more)
Member:MercerAreaLibrary
Title:Mother's Day blessings
Authors:Mike Berenstain
Other authors:Stan Berenstain, Jan Berenstain
Info:Grand Rapids, Mich. : Zonderkidz, [2016]

Work Information

The Berenstain Bears Mother's Day Blessings (Berenstain Bears/Living Lights) by Mike Berenstain

I don't receive many children's books, so when I get one from a series I've been reading all of my life, it's exciting. There's nothing like The Berenstain Bears' Bear family, with Mama, Papa, Brother, Sister and Honey Bear. They're cute, funny, relatable and until I'd become an adult, I never knew were Christian!

This children's story, from a long line of stories is about Mother's Day and explains how even though I think my mom's the best- so does everyone else! Brother, Sister and Honey want to do something special for Mama and Grizzly Gran. It's cute. When Mother's Day morning arrives, which is always on a Sunday, the cubs are explained how Mom's all over town are being cherished by their children, while traveling to church. Mother's who are farmers, doctors, police officers and more- all loved by their cubs in Bear Country and showing it.

I've loved these stories forever and a day. I read them to my first born and to my youngest- and now to my Ewoks. The book is wholesome and simplistic, enough for the youngn's to understand and enjoy. It's also enough of a 'message' without feeling preachy to those who just want to read a story and not be offended. But who can truly think of their mom and all she's done without feeling blessed and a deep appreciation? The Berenstain Bears Mother's Day Blessings is sweet and will hopefully remind my youngest how special I am even without it being Mother's Day!
I love this book!

*Book review: http://tinyurl.com/hp9zytq
**Book provided by BookLook Bloggers, FREE, for an honest review. ( )
  AReneeHunt | May 9, 2016 |
From the beloved Berestains comes a new book series, Living Lights — books that help children learn how God wants them to live. In Mother’s Day Blessings, Brother, Sister and Honey Bear want to do something special for their mom, because she is so special to them. As they look forward to their surprise, they learn how many of the people around them are more than their jobs; they are mothers too. All around Bear Country, children show how much their mothers mean to them. Brightly detailed illustrations reinforce this sweet story. There’s even a discussion and activity guide at the end of the book to get kids thinking and doing. Mother’s Day Blessings is great any day!

Recommended.

Audience: children ages 4-8.

(Thanks to Zonderkidz for a review copy. All opinions expressed are mine alone.) ( )
  vintagebeckie | Apr 20, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

Berenstain Bears (Paperback 2016)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 174,100,129 books! | Top bar: Always visible