The Temptation of Dragons (Penny White Book…

The Temptation of Dragons (Penny White Book 1)

by Chrys Cymri

*I originally received an ecopy from the author for review. This does not affect my review. Though I have since 'bought' if from Amazon while it was free.*

Such a fun story! While this is definitely a fantasy, it's a little mysterious, and could also in some ways count as a mystery story. I loved all the British things like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Doctor Who references! I also enjoyed seeing a female priest as the lead character, as you don't see many of those in fantasy. I loved Reverend Penny White's character, and seeing her try to figure out what to do now that her world has just gotten a lot bigger...and more magical! ( )
  Shadow494 | Feb 1, 2018 |
What a fun and enthralling adventure! There is a lot to love in this charming story, not the least of which is the references to so many fandom favorites that will make connections with many readers. This incredibly creative and exciting tale also has believable characters and relationships between them, which adds depth to this multi-genre expedition, which should appeal to a variety of readers. Wonderful & imaginative. ( )
  cecilywolfe | Jan 4, 2018 |
Parallel worlds, dragons and an English vicar...oh my! An unexpected hero, Penny White, vicar, deals with the mysterious death of a dragon from a parallel world, meets her snarky familiar, Morey and even adopts a shark snail. A delightful and fun read. ( )
  sherkoda | Jul 3, 2016 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Chrys Cymri's book The Temptation of Dragons was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Chrys Cymri is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,000,274 books! | Top bar: Always visible