Trials of Apollo # 4: The Tyrant's Tomb by…

Trials of Apollo # 4: The Tyrant's Tomb (edition 2019)

by Rick Riordan (Author)

720924,346 (4.23)7
It's not easy being Apollo, especially when you've been turned into a human and banished from Olympus. On his path to restoring five ancient oracles and reclaiming his godly powers, Apollo (aka Lester Papadopoulos) has faced both triumphs and tragedies. Now his journey takes him to Camp Jupiter in the San Francisco Bay Area, where the Roman demigods are preparing for a desperate last stand against the evil Triumvirate of Roman emperors. Hazel, Reyna, Frank, Tyson, Ella, and many other old friends will need Apollo's aid to survive the onslaught. Unfortunately, the answer to their salvation lies in the forgotten tomb of a Roman ruler... someone even worse than the emperors Apollo has already faced.… (more)
Member:pandaofhugs
Title:Trials of Apollo # 4: The Tyrant's Tomb
Authors:Rick Riordan (Author)
Info:Hachette Book Group (2019), 448 pages

Work Information

The Tyrant's Tomb by Rick Riordan (Author)

I always enjoy everything Rick Riordan writes and this series is no exception. I really like the story and the writing style and the only thing that stops it from being a five star read is Apollo himself who I find most aggravating. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
amnesia, children-save-the-world, coming-of-age, crows-ravens, curses-prophecies-oracles-omens, death-and-loss, funny, gods-goddesses-demigods, greek-roman, lgbtqia, low-fantasy, monsters-creatures, myth-legend, oh-wait-i-am-awesome, quests-adventures, sadicus, we-are-probably-going-to-die, zombies ( )
  wordcauldron | Jul 8, 2020 |
hi this was everything ( )
  irisssssssss | Jun 17, 2020 |
To be honest, I'm in the medium zone on this book. I liked it because it was interesting, but they didn't actually spend much time on the battlefield. Most of the time was just spent in talks, meetings, and car rides. Also, I don't know if it was good or bad that the wounds and such were so graphic. Lots of time as I was reading, I was disgusted by the realism brought to the chapters. Overall, it was a good interesting book, but a lot of it was hanging on for dear life on nostalgia from the previous books. I think I would give it 3 1/2 stars.
  Books_With_Antonio | Jun 8, 2020 |
Let's be real, I barely remember the third book in the series (it's been two years). But HOT DAMN this was so good. Rick Riordan once again outdid himself.

Apollo's character development is incredible - he's still funny but now he has a depth and an understanding and I just love him so much. I can't even imagine where his character will be at the end of the last book. Meg as well, their journey is going to be epic. Reyna once again slays as one of the coolest characters in this whole 'verse and I'd read a whole book about Lavinia. Hazel and Frank are, of course, still favorites as well.

I can't believe I have to wait half a year for the conclusion. ( )
  j_tuffi | May 30, 2020 |
In memory of Diane Martinez, who changed many lives for the better.
I believe in returning dead bodies.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,518,053 books! | Top bar: Always visible