Curious Minds by Janet Evanovich

Curious Minds

by Janet Evanovich, Phoef Sutton (Author)

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
One would think a big publishing house could employ copy editors for its best selling authors.

Here's a hint: when setting a book in a well-known locale.... like Washington DC, have a local editor read the mss. On page 108, Riley accepted a phone call because "it had a 410 area code, which meant it was local." Well, it is local to Baltimore, but not local to the Washington Metropolitan area!

I took off ½ a star for that.

The book itself? Filled with cute one-liners, but with a ridiculously facile plot. Good read for the YA crowd. I would have found it laugh aloud funny a while back. ( )
  kaulsu | Apr 21, 2017 |
Argh!
I never liked to read this author and I still don't, not even having it read to me!! Double argh!

Adrianne ( )
  Adrianne_p | Apr 20, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a new series. I really enjoyed the fun in the the characters. I look forward to seeing more of these mysteries with these guys in them. It took me a while to get used to the story line. The story l was new and different.
It was a great new book for me! ( )
  hope3957 | Mar 1, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I won Curious Minds from Library Thing Early Reviewer Giveaway and excited to read it, but UGH....it is the same voice as all her other female character in a different body, location and job. And the worst part was I listened to it on audiobook, even though Lorelei King is an extremely talented narrator it was the same voices and inflections as all the other Evanovich's characters. I have no desire to finish this book, but since I am almost finished I will, but I do not think I will be reading the rest of the series. ( )
  Rhea1023 | Jan 13, 2017 |
DNF - Read 115/ 323 pages and am bored to death. Won't be finishing this one. ( )
  ElizaJane | Jan 12, 2017 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sutton, PhoefAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Janet Evanovich, #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Stephanie Plum series, teams up with Emmy-winning writer Phoef Sutton for a brand-new series of thrillers featuring charmingly eccentric Emerson Knight and professional go-getter Riley Moon.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 05 Apr 2016 13:11:15 -0400)

135 wanted2 pay4 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Curious Minds by Janet Evanovich was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,876,673 books! | Top bar: Always visible