Curious Minds by Janet Evanovich

Curious Minds

by Janet Evanovich, Phoef Sutton (Author)

3419732,181 (3.52)1 / 22

I have to be honest. They should not have used the narrator from the Stephanie Plum series for this book. I could not get past hearing Stephanie's and Lula's voices. The plot was so-so. I will stick with the Stephanie Plum series! ( )
  hemlokgang | Jun 24, 2017 |
DESCRIPTION, NOT REVIEW: Emerson Knight is introverted, eccentric, and has little to no sense of social etiquette. Good thing he’s also brilliant, rich, and (some people might say) handsome, or he’d probably be homeless. Riley Moon has just graduated from Harvard Business and Harvard Law. Her aggressive Texas spitfire attitude has helped her land her dream job as a junior analyst with mega-bank Blane-Grunwald. At least Riley Moon thought it was her dream job, until she is given her first assignment: babysitting Emerson Knight.

What starts off as an inquiry about missing bank funds in the Knight account leads to inquiries about a missing man, missing gold, and a life-and-death race across the country. Through the streets of Washington, D.C., and down into the underground vault of the Federal Reserve in New York City, an evil plan is exposed. A plan so sinister that only a megalomaniac could think it up, and only the unlikely duo of the irrepressibly charming Emerson Knight and the tenacious Riley Moon can stop it. ( )
  treehousereader | Jun 23, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Janet Ivanovich just knows how to right characters that engage you from the start. I love that Riley was so determined to keep her eye on what her boss sent her to do and how Emerson broke her down. I loved his quirky behavior and how his mind worked. Emerson's aunt was a hoot and I will definitely look for more Moon and Knight books. ( )
  Keng | Jun 15, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I won my copy of this. Just took awhile to find time to read. Emerson Knight is looking for his gold. He wants to see it. Well, this just is not normal to go to the bank to demand to see your gold. But he is a little on the eccentic side. Sure leads him on a chase to find missing gold and evil plans are exposed. Fast past story and would recommend to others. ( )
  snoopysnop1 | Jun 5, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Started the book after reading two non-fiction works and it seemed flighty by comparison, but only at first. Soon as I reached the second chapter I was drawn in to the jaunty trek through an intriguing mystery that had imaginative characters embroiled in a plot that sailed along so smoothly it was disappointing to reach the end. My only curiosity is the choice of title that for some reason does not grasp the underlying gold-based theme. On the other hand I cannot think of a different one. ( )
  jec27 | Jun 5, 2017 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sutton, PhoefAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Janet Evanovich, #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Stephanie Plum series, teams up with Emmy-winning writer Phoef Sutton for a brand-new series of thrillers featuring charmingly eccentric Emerson Knight and professional go-getter Riley Moon.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 05 Apr 2016 13:11:15 -0400)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Janet Evanovich's book Curious Minds is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,330,884 books! | Top bar: Always visible