The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapeña

The Couple Next Door (edition 2016)

by Shari Lapeña (Author)

""I read this novel at one sitting, absolutely riveted by the storyline. The suspense was beautifully rendered and unrelenting!"--Sue Grafton, New York Times bestselling author of X "Meticulously crafted and razor-sharp. THE COUPLE NEXT DOOR lingers long after you turn the final page."--Harlan Coben, #1New York Times bestselling author of Fool Me Once "Provocative and shocking."--Lisa Gardner, the New York Times bestselling author of Find Her How well do you know the couple next door? Or your husband? Or even--yourself? People are capable of almost anything. A domestic suspense debut about a young couple and their apparently friendly neighbors--a twisty, rollercoaster ride of lies, betrayal, and the secrets between husbands and wives. Anne and Marco Conti seem to have it all--a loving relationship, a wonderful home, and their beautiful baby, Cora. But one night when they are at a dinner party next door, a terrible crime is committed. Suspicion immediately focuses on the parents. But the truth is a much more complicated story. Inside the curtained house, an unsettling account of what actually happened unfolds. Detective Rasbach knows that the panicked couple is hiding something. Both Anne and Marco soon discover that the other is keeping secrets, secrets they've kept for years. What follows is the nerve-racking unraveling of a family--a chilling tale of deception, duplicity, and unfaithfulness that will keep you breathless until the final shocking twist"--… (more)
Member:burrlib
Title:The Couple Next Door
Authors:Shari Lapeña (Author)
Info:Pamela Dorman Books (2016), 320 pages

The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapeña

English (144)  Catalan (2)  Italian (2)  German (1)  All languages (149)
Some elements of this I really enjoyed, like the ending, which I did not at ALL anticipate. Some elements I felt could have been left out or made a little less convoluted to make them more believable. The title being "The Couple Next Door", I thought this would have more to do with the actual couple next door, but I think it was talking more about the main characters as the next door couple? I'm not entirely sure, but it did throw me as I was thinking there would be more to do with the dynamics between neighbours.

It was an interesting read, but unfortunately it just didn't hit the mark for me. ( )
  SarahRita | Aug 11, 2021 |
A good twisty mystery ruined by an ending of "people with mental illness are violent and murderous and be afraid".

Very disappointing as I otherwise would've (mostly) recommended it. ( )
  FleetSparrow | Jul 10, 2021 |
An easy page turner but a very forgettable book that had no real depth. ( )
  Annievdm | May 17, 2021 |
Entretenido ( )
  MariaUbago | May 4, 2021 |
One chapter I was like ok YOU did it, then I got to the next chapter and thought no You did it.... The whole book was like that. It was like being in thriller maze. Thinking I had it figured out, only to find that no no no I didn't. Loved the book except the last page. ( )
  Gotcha3613 | Apr 22, 2021 |
...the set-up is fantastic – it’s just when Lapena has to deliver on the answers that the novel starts to slip.
added by charl08 | editGuardian

Raffo, AnnamariaTraduttoresecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sarnau, Anneke KimNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schumacher, RainerTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Helen Heller, the most thrilling agent of all
Anne can feel the acid churning in her stomach and creeping up her throat; her head is swimming.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,367,143 books! | Top bar: Always visible