Godspeed, Carry My Bullet by Ian Lewis

Godspeed, Carry My Bullet

by Ian Lewis

322,949,710 (5)None
    Odd Billy Todd by N. C. Reed (JenniferRobb)
    JenniferRobb: Both books contain a US unlike the one we know (A disease wipes out population/government etc. in the case of Reed's and the US divides into east and west coast governments with a Midwest DMZ in Lewis's.) Both books contain unlikely heroes (a boy considered "slow" in Reed's who organizes key others into a community and several in Lewis's work: a man who watched his father beaten to death who now gets a chance to enact revenge; twin missionary type brothers; a loner courier who gets drawn into the intrigue; a mother who struggles to raise her two sons right.… (more)
    Left Behind: A Novel of the Earth's Last Days by Tim LaHaye (JenniferRobb)
    JenniferRobb: Though Lewis's work does not deal with the Rapture but rather with a dystopian society that resulted from a division of the U.S. into two governments with much of the Midwest being a DMZ, there are similar themes in that there is an underground/resistance movement and people on the inside working for that resistance. Also an assassination within the series.… (more)
    The Guilty by David Baldacci (JenniferRobb)
    JenniferRobb: Similar action/adventure theme with family death element

Ian Lewis writes with the perfect level of personal detail for me - I am compulsively interested in each character and never bored with minutiae which are obsolete and irritating in other authors' stories. If you read this book and find similar enjoyment, be prepared for no ending as this is half a book and the characters are left hanging (in my heart and mind) pending the second half apparently called, "And I Will Lead the Revolt”. ( )
  BridgitDavis | Jul 11, 2017 |
I read this book twice and wanted more--I wanted to keep reading to find out how Bon's pursuit of Sully and Katie ends, what happens to the laptop that Raider was entrusted with, what happens to Bobby, whether Maggie's son Nate will go into the MPs against his mother's wishes etc. This book is part of a series so some questions are answered in it and some are left dangling for the next.

I enjoyed all the characters: Maggie, a struggling mom who wants to raise her two boys right; Bobby, a man who watched his father die and who now has a chance to take revenge on the killer; Raider and his canine companion, Santos, who have carved out a nice for themselves as couriers; twins, Bon and Hoffer Horton, and others. I did have to occasionally remind myself that Raider and Bon were two different characters on two different assignments.

Disclaimer: I received this book free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Apr 24, 2016 |
Listening to the yelps of rioters echo off of battered storefronts, Bobby Clyne stood motionless in the dank summer heat.

Bobby Clyne has nothing to lose. Two illegitimate governments have taken the place of the fallen United States: The Directorate in the East and the United States Valiant in the West. And he’s just learned that a man who once terrorized his family as a low-ranking member of the Military Police is set to become the Grand Marshall of the Ohio Region. Armed with his father’s Dragunov sniper rifle, Bobby embarks on a mission of revenge with consequences far more reaching than his personal vendetta.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Ian Lewis's book Godspeed, Carry My Bullet was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Ian Lewis is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,483,501 books! | Top bar: Always visible