Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

A 2017 RT Reviewer's Choice Nominee for Best Romantic Suspense!   In New York Times bestselling author Jennifer L. Armentrout's gripping new novel, a young woman comes home to reclaim her life--even as a murderer plots to end it. . . It's been ten years since Sasha Keaton left her West Virginia hometown . . . since she escaped the twisted serial killer known as the Groom. Returning to help run her family inn means being whole again, except for one missing piece. The piece that falls into place when Sasha's threatened--and FBI agent Cole Landis vows to protect her the way he couldn't a decade ago.   First one woman disappears; then another, and all the while, disturbing calling cards are left for the sole survivor of the Groom's reign of terror. Cole's never forgiven himself for not being there when Sasha was taken, but he intends to make up for it now . . . because under the quirky sexiness Cole first fell for is a steely strength that only makes him love Sasha more.   But someone is watching. Waiting. And Sasha's first mistake could be her last.… (more)

I throughly enjoyed this book. I thought there was enough suspense and action to keep the story moving at a good pace. I saw the ending coming about mid-book but was still pleasantly surprised with the conclusion. Would recommend! ( )
  Mandasony | Nov 6, 2018 |

Let’s be honest books like this are not my cuppa, but I actually enjoyed the experience and yes this is a Romantic suspense, and I am telling ya all this will not be my last, as it felt good to not read just sappy from start to finish.

Prologue

Starts off with a psychopath, holding a whimpering girl in a basement, bloodied with a rope circling her ankles and wrist!!

While sitting there the psychopath thoughts are that the girl knows she will never see sunlight again.

You do not at this point who the psychopath is talking about, but someone fucked him over and for that, the girl will be punished.

If you know me by now I love prologues and yeah I cannot stop reading with an intro like this

Type of Characters and my choices according to pictures :
Cole and Sasha

Chapter Development

The story then begins with Sasha returning home to assist her mom in the Inn her mother owns, Sasha is half the girl she was at nineteen. Only a shadow off her former self!!

Sasha left her hometown without saying goodbye to anyone except her mother 10 years back leaving lots of questions unanswered. But as time progressed she also started in touch with her childhood friend Miranda.

Sasha received therapy for the past 10 years because of what happened, but as her therapists explained the nightmares will remain as it is part of her subconscious memories.

As soon as she arrives home Sasha get the feeling of being followed and watched

In the story the author gives us glimpses through nightmares what happened to Sasha, on the fateful night 10 years back.

For her the hardest part of returning is that everyone knows what happened to her and as soon as they start to talk about that fateful event she shuts off, and everyone in the small town knows her story as Sasha is sort of a celebrity, the only girl who ever survived!!!!

The day after her return all her car windows are broken and the police write it off as vandalism, as nothing was stolen.

Then Cole an FBI agent, who was her boyfriend at nineteen appears on the scene again as his nephew is the police officer who investigated the vandalism incident.

He feels extremely guilty as the night of her abduction 10 years back he was the last person saying goodbye to her and although many girls disappeared and the psychopath who abducted her watched her for weeks, and would have abducted her eventually the guilt still remains.

Her mom and her friend Miranda force her to go out, only because thy care and want her to start living again.

But as the story progress Sasha keeps on getting the feeling someone is watching her as her sixth sense keep giving her tingles in the back of her neck. But Sasha is a real time survivor of a psychopath "THE GROOM" who killed all his victims; she will be watched as everyone are interested in her story. The reason for being called "THE GROOM" he called all his victims his brides.

The problem with her returning home women started disappearing again near her town. And are left in the same place "THE GROOM" left the bodies 10 years back on route 11.

Another problem Sasha never saw "THE GROOM's" face, and should be dead!!!

Now another thing this author writes incredible sexy books and she did not disappoint me.

Now this is where I am ending the review, this is only a few chapters in the beginning of the book, if you want to know what happens next, READ THE BOOK.

Epilogue! →

And that epilogue let’s just say, I truly am satisfied with the outcome!!!

My feelings while reading this: →

To the Author
OMG - I read your Lux series, and I am telling you that I expected only the best in this book, but what I got was much more than what I expected - I LOVED it →

Savehouse | Sep 24, 2018 |
In Till Death, Sasha Keeton returns to the bed and breakfast run by her mother in the town where Sasha grew up. It has been ten years since Sasha was kidnapped and terrorized by "The Groom," a serial killer, but she also became the only one of his victims to survive. Only now, since Sasha's return, it seems that another serial killer is murdering women in the same way as "The Groom," but he is dead, isn't he?
There isn't much to make Till Death stand out as a serial killer story or make it unique in any way. The ending is predictable and the characters are not all that interesting. Overall, this is a fairly average serial killer book. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jun 28, 2017 |
Review: Till Death by Jennifer L. Armentrout. 05/14/2017

A great well written mystery with a cast of exceptional characters. The story was so intense filled with amazing suspense that I had a hard time putting it down. Armentrout creative writing style with a mix of descriptive scenarios that held my interest in between figuring out who the psychopath was. I thought I guest a few times but I was always wrong until maybe forty pages to the end the author unleashed the person. There were a few moments of passion throughout the book but not enough to hinder my reading.

The story is about Sasha Keaton who left West Virginia ten year earlier after almost losing her life to a serial killer they labeled “The Groom”. After other women died horribly in his possession she was lucky to have escape with multiple injuries but the serial killer was dead. After ten years Sasha was coming home to be whole again.….Her mother who owned and ran a Bed & Breakfast Inn was ecstatic until weird things started happening around Sasha…but the serial killer was dead…Wasn’t he…! Was it just a coincident a woman was murder the night before Sasha came home and that the body was found in the same place the Groom left his victims….Could there be a copycat killer…?

When she left West Virginia she was dating Cole Landis who blames himself for Sasha abduction. Once Sasha was home it took no time for Cole to show up on her doorstep, he was now a FBI Agent. Sasha believed she could handle seeing Cole again in a friendly way but within a week he was staying at her place, sleeping on the couch to protect her from whoever was staging frightening things to scare her and gradually he made it to her bed. Now her mother was wishing that Sasha hadn’t come home. She wanted her daughter to be safe.

As the story goes on with some romance there were still many eventful scenarios to follow….like a dead dear on the front seat of her mother’s truck, another missing girl and underground tunnels beneath the Inn that led to a cemetery up a ways behind the Inn and tunnels that even led to the center of town that had been sealed off years before and now discovered, opened to the public….or a serial killer…! ( )
  Juan-banjo | May 20, 2017 |
As you probably have seen, I am a huge fan of anything Jennifer L. Armentrout, and she has quickly became an instant read author of mine. I was thrilled when I was given an ARC of Till Death to read and review.

I think it is important to know right off the bat you are reading something a little different than you may be used too from JLA. This is a mystery/thriller. It does have romance as well, so it is the best of all worlds. This was so suspenseful. I was reading it at night and my stomach was in knots trying to figure out what was going to happen next. It will keep you guessing from the first chapter, and it never lets you go.

JLA has an ease with her writing in which you just glide through the pages. I do think some of the writing did not flow for me in the beginning, but it quickly picked up the usual JLA style that I love. Her books captivate you in a way in which you will not want to put them down. When you add in the suspense this story brings, you will be flying through it.

This is a story about facing your past and second chances. I love how it included a romance with Cole and Sasha which started ten years ago. I really enjoyed their relationship and how their love for one another never faded.

I also really enjoyed the flashback memories from Sasha about what happened to her. You learn little pieces of information about The Groom at a time, which really helps with building up the suspense of this story. My heart was racing with anticipation to find out who the killer was and how everything was going to end.

The scenes with The Groom were very well done. They brought the emotion of anger, which is exactly what a book should do when involving a villain. He was playing games with Sasha. There were even a few times you get to read from his POV. When an author can bring out different feelings for you through their writing and characters, you know it will be a great story.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I liked the plot and the characters. I flew through this in only two nights. If you are a fan of JLA or mystery/thrillers, you need to pick this up! ( )
  SimplyKelina | Mar 2, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,537,824 books! | Top bar: Always visible