Monstress Volume 1: Awakening by Marjorie M.…

Monstress Volume 1: Awakening

by Marjorie M. Liu, Sana Takeda (Illustrator)

Other authors: Jennifer M. Smith (Editor), Rus Wooton (Designer)

Series: Monstress (1-6)

This is my first graphic novel and I wasn't sure about it but I really enjoyed it. The artwork is beautiful. This is a library book and I might wait to return it just so I can look at it again. Looking forward to getting the next volume. ( )
  TLWelsh1108 | Apr 9, 2019 |
Gorgeous art. Seriously, the art is absolutely stunning. The story, though a bit strange, was compelling. I'm looking forward to the second volume. ( )
  authenticjoy | Mar 29, 2019 |
I'd heard good things but found this overly busy and hard to navigate. Chock full of bonkers with a complicated world that is steampunky with ghosts and gods and magic and a whole mess of talking cats. I found it difficult to like. ( )
  asxz | Mar 13, 2019 |
The artwork is beautiful; however, the story is just not for me. ( )
  tntbeckyford | Feb 16, 2019 |
I don't have words to describe how much I love this series. So rich in detail, art, and story. The world-building is incredible. The cast is dense and diverse. The plots are so meticulously woven together. There's a lot of exposition, but it's very much worth it. ( )
  majesdane | Jan 8, 2019 |

Marjorie M. Liuprimary authorall editionscalculated
Takeda, SanaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Smith, Jennifer M.Editorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wooton, RusDesignersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
It took three years to find a name.

"Set in an alternate world of art deco beauty and steampunk horror, Monstress tells the epic story of Maika Halfwolf, a teenage survivor of a cataclysmic war between humans and their hated enemies, the Arcanics. In the face of oppression and terrible danger, Maika is both hunter and hunted, searching for answers about her mysterious past as those who seek to use her remain just one step behind... and all the while, the monster within begins to awaken..."--Page [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,202,239 books! | Top bar: Always visible