The Killing Game (Rafferty Family) by Nancy…

The Killing Game (Rafferty Family) (edition 2016)

by Nancy Bush (Author)

244443,774 (3)None
Member:CathyGeha
Title:The Killing Game (Rafferty Family)
Authors:Nancy Bush (Author)
Info:Zebra (2016), 384 pages
Rating:***

The Killing Game by Nancy Bush

I am off serial killer stories these days. I don't want to read about them, their obsessions, their fantasies, their planning, and certainly not their successful kidnappings, tortures, and killings. Here, the killer is one of the several POV. No thanks.

I received a review copy of "The Killing Game" by Nancy Bush (Kensington) through NetGalley.com. ( )
  Dokfintong | Jun 28, 2016 |
The very beginning of this book scared me to death. It wasn't the part leading up to the death, but the way that it happened that horrified me to absolutely no end. Having said that, the rest of the book was anticlimactic to some extent.

I loved the protagonist, Andi Wren. She just lost her less than stellar cheat of a husband exactly three months earlier. Then she finds out that she is three months pregnant on the same day someone broke into her home and left a bizarre message on her bed. She seeks out a crazy hot private detective to keep her safe. Alone for this reason, the book would be well worth the read.

But, then there is a second plot that seems to get in the way of reading the main story. More often than not, that seemed to drive me insane. You can be reading along, then this just comes zooming out of nowhere, at the oddest times.

This is a good story with just too much happening all at once. If edited a bit more, I believe this book could have literally scared me to death.

Thank you to Nancy Bush, Kensington Books and NetGalley for giving me a free e-ARC of this book so that I may read it and give my honest review. ( )
  Connie57103 | Jun 25, 2016 |
Detailed and complex story with many threads that overlap and interweave and then are tied up neatly at the end – although – I felt the story could have been faster paced with less repetition.

I had mixed feelings about this book. I usually enjoy Nancy Bush’s novels but this one left me feeling so-so at the end. I liked the premise and the murder the bird tie-in of the murders with the idea of it being a game. I felt like I was reading two or perhaps even three stories in one even though they all did overlap in the end. I didn’t have real sympathy, empathy or feel as if I could relate to any of the characters. I can’t believe that the killer could find so many women that were so clueless and needy. I found it unbelievable that Andi and Luke ended up in bed and fell for one another so quickly. The plot seemed predictable in many ways. I don’t know…I did enjoy reading it but it didn’t have anything that made it special or stand out from other romantic suspense stories with serial killers.

Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington Books for the e-ARC to read in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  CathyGeha | Jun 24, 2016 |
I received a free advance e-copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This suspense filled thriller has a great plot that kept me guessing until the very end when the identity of the stalker/villain is finally revealed. The book also has a couple of sub-plots and the author skillfully ties them all together at the end. Someone is killing “little birds,” pawns in a game of human chess. This is a well-written thriller with strong and well-developed characters. I like the way this author writes and hope to read more of her books in the future. ( )
  iadam | Jun 19, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,372,062 books! | Top bar: Always visible