The Baby Book: Everything You Need to Know About Your Baby from Birth to… (1992)

by William Sears, Martha Sears (Author)

Incorporating information on recent medical treatments and discoveries, this is a comprehensive guide to infant and child care. It includes tips and advice gathered from many thousands of parents seen over 20 years in the authors' paediatric practice in California.

a great resourse book for the first 3 years. ( )
  Faithploude | Jan 28, 2017 |
Becoming a parent was miraculous and wonderful. It was also, for me, terrifying. I learned a lot from my Sears' Baby Book. The most important thing I learned is that --I-- am my children's mother. Only I can love them like their mother, because only --I-- am their mother. And so I, a person who used to be blown around by other's opinions like dandelion fluff in the wind, learned to raise my own children and be confident in my own self. Yes, I gathered facts from the Baby Book. I gathered information from family members and friends and the internet and other books and that woman I met at the grocery store and we chatted for fifteen minutes, and so forth.

But after getting all the facts and information, at the end of the day --I-- was the one who was living with and raising my babies. I wouldn't always make the right decisions, but I am satisfied in myself and very proud of both of my, now adult, children.

I credit the Sears' Baby Book and the attachment style parenting I was introduced to in that book, for helping me greatly in the raising of my children and highly recommend it, to parents, expectant parents, and people considering becoming parents. ( )
  Merryann | Jul 31, 2015 |
Totally non-dogmatic. Highly pragmatic. Never alarmist. I read it cover-to-cover as it stayed on my nightstand from first trimester through early toddling. ( )
  nrmaharaj | Jun 1, 2015 |
This is an excellent comprehensive book on babies and toddlers up to age 2. Almost every question I had when I had my first babe was answered by this book. In fact this book is so well used by me that it is falling apart. I have given it as a gift several times to new moms. Definitely a must have for new parents. ( )
  kfenric | Feb 26, 2009 |
I haven't finished reading this--I don't know that I ever will--but it's an excellent reference book to have around. ( )
  kellyholmes | Apr 11, 2008 |

William Searsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sears, MarthaAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 174,229,617 books! | Top bar: Always visible