Rogue One: A Star Wars Story by Alexander…

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (original 2016; edition 2017)

by Alexander Freed (Author)

An official novelization of "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" follows a band of rebels on a daring mission to steal the Death Star plans.
Member:Aly23
Title:Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Authors:Alexander Freed (Author)
Info:Del Rey Books (2017)

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story by Alexander Freed (2016)

A satisfying chapter in the Star Wars saga. ( )
  snorrelo | Feb 22, 2021 |
A satisfying chapter in the Star Wars saga. ( )
  snorrelo | Feb 22, 2021 |
Rubbish. I've read fanfics better than this. I've not seen the film and I imagine this works great in that form with all the pew-pews, bangs and whizzes but as a book this is just awkward. A video game would be an even better fit for this - which is what I kept thinking when snoring through yet another action scene. I've never read any Star Wars books but if this is any indication of their quality then I don't feel like I'm missing out. ( )
  Paul_S | Dec 23, 2020 |
What truly amazes me about Rogue One is that Rogue One is not a typical Star Wars novel with a typical Star Wars story line, but it differs to a very large extent from typical Star Wars novels and from typical Star Wars story lines. Which doesn't mean that the novel's so bad it's unreadable, but in fact that the novel's so good that, if you really get involved into it, for which I am very sure you will, you can read it in two sittings, or in a single sitting, if you get really involved. I am pretty much a big fan of Star Wars movies and I have read quite a few Star Wars novels that aren't on my have-read list, but I have to tell and share with you that Rogue One's my favorite novel and my favorite Star Wars Movie, because it differs from the rest and tells a different kind of Star Wars story, the kind that's truly special and truly unique for the Star Wars Universe. ( )
  Champ88 | Dec 25, 2019 |
I saw the movie in theaters, decided to see how much better the novelization might be. Because it is frequently true that the novel is better than the movie.

The novel filled in details, like thoughts and feels, that cameras and actors don't always portray. It does add some and change some motivations, when you learn what's in their head. But not seriously enough to change the entire feel of the story.

Listening to the audio book, they added sound effects to the background. So you'll get the hum of the engines, the blasters as they're shooting, alert beacons. At times, it can get annoying and distracting. Other times (because I listen in my car while traveling to and from work) I've had to stop the book to see if the noise was the book or my car! In some respects this adds to the story, but other times, it interferes with a quietly spoken bit of text.

Thoughts from Jyn, Orson, and Cassian helped a lot. it also helped having more details about Chirrut and Baz that couldn't be translated in the movie well. I had to rewatch the movie about half way through the book, because I wanted to see where I missed lines and such. In every case, I would say the book and the movie were NEAR equal, though the book has a little better standing than the movie to me here. If I could do a 3 star movie, this would be a 3.05 star book. ( )
  gilroy | Dec 21, 2018 |
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
Prologue
Galen Erso was not a good farmer.
The Ring of Kafrene was a monumental span of durasteel and plastoid anchored by a pair of malformed planetoids within the Kafrene asteroid belt.
Novelization

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,496,464 books! | Top bar: Always visible