Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

Stalking Jack the Ripper (edition 2016)

by Kerri Maniscalco (Author), James Patterson (Foreword)

Member:rebeccamhunter
Title:Stalking Jack the Ripper
Authors:Kerri Maniscalco (Author)
Other authors:James Patterson (Foreword)
Info:jimmy patterson (2016), Edition: First Edition (stated), First Printing, 336 pages
Collections:Read Books, Audiobooks
Rating:**

Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

I had a great time listening to this audiobook!

My rating lies somewhere between a 3.5-4. For the most part, I found the plot to be engaging but I did find it lagged a little at times. I also figured out the mystery aspect before the big reveal which always impacts my review a little.

However, I really loved all the characters. Thomas in particular stole my heart (he is everything I like in a charming jerk of a genius) and Audrey is a strong lead. They had some great banter between them too.

And the world building and intricate weaving of the Jack the Ripper plotline is fabulous. So I'm giving it 4/5 stars for the awesome cast and world despite my other hang-ups.

Very excited to see what Audrey will do next!

Full Review: https://wp.me/p7hLUw-2B2
Actual Rating: 3.5/5 ( )
  seriesousbooks | Aug 12, 2019 |
*****Five Fantastically Frightening Stars*****

"Dangerous things linger in the dark" indeed in this captivating story, which brings the horrors of Jack the Ripper to life, allowing us to see everything through Audrey Rose's perspective. Audrey Rose is strong, fearless, and magnificent, as she is really ahead of her time, trading in corsets and petticoats for scalpels and science. I fell in love with Kerri Maniscalco's writing style, as I submerged myself completely into this dark and twisted story that had so much mystery and heart.

The author really captured the time and setting perfectly, while also bringing something new and different to the table. I've always been interested in Jack The Ripper, but I found myself mesmerized by this particular story and I was on the edge of my seat during so many moments.

I have been searching for a truly good series to fall in love with ever since The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Hunger Games and I think I finally discovered it. I am so excited to continue reading this series and I'm looking forward to seeing what Audrey Rose and Thomas do next.

I absolutely recommend this book to everyone, which really provides you with so many elements. There is mystery, passion, romance, horror, and even a lot of historical information, which I found extremely interesting, providing me with a fresh take on everything.

In love with this series right now! ( )
  AmyKoto | Jul 22, 2019 |
Look, this was an OK book but it was nowhere near as good as the hype suggested it would be!

The plot was predictable and drawn out in part, and Audrey Rose (the main character) was as bland as bland can be. She was presented as this really intelligent young girl, breaking down the barriers of a society but she kept making the dumbest decisions that were truly frustrating to read.

I think if i had read this without hearing any of the hype around it i would prefer it a lot more but i just kept expecting more and unfortunately this book did not deliver. ( )
  SaraChook | Jun 19, 2019 |
I don't usually read historical fiction because I find it boring, but this was pretty entertaining. I liked that Audrey was a modern thinker and believed women should have the right to work, dress how they want, and be themselves. And I'm glad she had some people around her who encouraged her to be a scientist and learn. I also appreciated the author putting actual facts of the Jack the Ripper case into the book. I didn't know much about it, so it was cool learning about what actually happened. I would have liked more clues and bodies so I could be more involved in the mystery, but looking back I see some things I missed.
I do recommend this if you're looking for a mystery and aren't too squeamish. ( )
  AlyP59 | Apr 25, 2019 |
interesting take on the Jack the Ripper storyline ( )
  EBassett | Mar 20, 2019 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031627349X, Hardcover)

Presented by James Patterson's new children's imprint, this deliciously creepy horror novel has a storyline inspired by the Ripper murders and an unexpected, blood-chilling conclusion...

Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.

Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her own sheltered world.

The story's shocking twists and turns, augmented with real, sinister period photos, will make this dazzling debut from author Kerri Maniscalco impossible to forget.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 11 May 2016 02:19:22 -0400)

A gothic murder mystery set in gritty Victorian-era London, where an intrepid society girl finds herself embroiled in the investigation of a serial killer known as Jack the Ripper.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,504,609 books! | Top bar: Always visible