Serafina and the Twisted Staff (Serafina…

Serafina and the Twisted Staff (Serafina Book 2) (original 2016; edition 2016)

by Robert Beatty (Author)

Series: Serafina (2)

Member:basinschoolmt
Title:Serafina and the Twisted Staff (Serafina Book 2)
Authors:Robert Beatty (Author)
Info:Disney-Hyperion (2016), 384 pages

Serafina and the Twisted Staff by Robert Beatty (2016)

..........SPOILERS..........

Serafina and the Twisted Staff is the second book in the Serafina trilogy. Serafina is the guardian of Biltmore Estate, but something is not right within Biltmore, and she must find out what. This book is set a couple weeks after the first book.

I loved this book as much as Serafina and the Black Cloak. You can read my review of the first book here: https://feeroberts64.blogspot.com/2018/10/review-serafina-and-black-cloak.html

Favorite characters: Searafina, Braeden, Gidean, and Waysa. ( )
  feeroberts64 | Oct 13, 2018 |
A welcome return to the world of Serafina, who remains a relatable and endearing heroine. Here we see her struggle to reconcile her dual identities and discover where she fits in the world, while worrying over changing friendships and, y’know, trying to prevent a powerful evil from destroying everyone and everything she loves. The plot in this one is a bit darker, I’d say, but rightly so. Definitely worth picking up if you even mildly enjoyed the first!

ARC provided by Net Galley.
  nwessler | Jun 20, 2018 |
Thanks to NetGalley for providing me with an advanced copy of this title.

Serafina is back with another adventure, one even more exciting than the first! A mysterious visitor has arrived at the Biltmore Estate......bringing total mayhem with them!

Who is the bearded man in the forest, and why are the animals acting so strange?

Serafina, once again, must risk life and limb to protect the future of Biltmore and its residents.

The action in this book never stops!

amyghilton | May 11, 2018 |
  Clippers | Dec 21, 2017 |
This was a solid second edition to this trilogy. I felt like the first book was better, but the storyline was fast paced and engaging. We learned more about Serafina and Braeden, plus we had a bunch of all new characters! I would recommend this book and I can't wait to read the third one and finish off the trilogy. 4.5 out of 5 stars. ( )
  Beammey | Nov 20, 2017 |
Serafina stalked through the underbrush of the moonlit forest, slinking low to the ground, her eyes fixed on her prey.

In 1899, when an evil threatens all the humans and animals of the Blue Ridge Mountains, twelve-year-old Serafina, rat catcher for the Biltmore estate and the daughter of a shapeshifting mountain lion, must search deep inside herself and embrace the destiny that awaits her.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,692,517 books! | Top bar: Always visible