Fly With Me

by Chanel Cleeton

Series: Wild Aces (1)

U.S. Air Force fighter pilot Noah Miller-call sign Burn-loves nothing more than flying hard and fast. When he meets a gorgeous and sassy woman while partying in Las Vegas, he immediately locks on to her. Jordan Callahan owns a thriving clothing boutique, but her love life is far less successful. Her luck changes when six feet, two inches of sexy swagger asks her to dance and turns her world upside down. One scorching weekend becomes an undeniable chemistry that they can't leave in Vegas. But the long distance relationship and their different lives threaten to ground their romance. And when the dangers of Noah's job become all too real, Jordan learns being with a fighter pilot means risking it all for a shot at love . . .… (more)

Not sure what I was expecting but got a steamy romance between and got-her-stuff-together small business owner and a fighter pilot. Oh, I know, all the Top Gun fantasies this calls up. (Love the fact that the movie is referenced and poked a little fun at, admit it, looking back now it is a cheesy little chick flick)

Anyhow amid the falling in love we get another glimpse into military life and that of the spouses/girlfriends. They sudden cancellation of plans, they hey guess what...you got new orders and are leaving ____(insert time frame here). And when something goes wrong, it can be catastrophic. It gives a peek at traditions, routines and (don't let them hear you say it) superstitions.

Story moved along at a good pace. She didn't go all ga-ga just because of the uniform. She showed she has a brain, sense of humor and a good self-esteem. He is an alpha male no doubt about it. But he showed that when someone is important to him he goes all out to show it. I read the blurb for the next one and think I will stick with this series for a while. ( )
  ChachaJ | Feb 1, 2021 |
4.5 Stars
ARC provided by Berkley Publishing in exchange for an honest review.

Fly With Me is the first novel in Chanel Cleeton's newest series about a group of fighter pilots, Wild Aces. Noah, call sign Burn, is ruggedly handsome, cocky, an amazing fighter pilot, and not much of a relationship guy. It's not by choice, just not many can get on board with his love of his F-16 or his constant moving and deployments, for example, he's in Vegas for a week watching his buddies bag randoms on the strip. Jordan is single, a businesswoman, full of attitude, and far too old for the penis crown she is wearing for her sister's bachelorette. She's had one night stands, nothing against them, but she's been thinking about what her future could start to look like if she doesn't find a partner soon. When the two meet on the dance floor the sexual chemistry between them is hot and maybe a weekend fling is all they need, until they find they can't leave the chemistry behind in Vegas. Long distance isn't easy though and the worries that come with dating a fighter pilot just might be too much for Jordan.

Fortysomething million dollars of alloy, fuel, and lube that could fuck you over at any given time and felt so good when you were inside her that she always kept you coming back for more.

Holy hot book! I was super excited when I found out about Chanel Cleeton's new series and I was not a bit disappointed, in fact I stayed up until midnight finishing it after starting it one afternoon. Noah and Jordan are my favorite type of characters, they're independent and successful on their own, but together they're even better. Just in their short fling in Vegas we saw them play a hilarious game of cat and mouse, it was more than get some and done. I loved Jordan as the heroine, she couldn't have been written any better. She was self-reliant and was immediately likable, her attitude on par with mine. Noah, though cocky, is totally in my book-boyfriend list. The amount of growth he had through out the book was really astounding, especially as he began to really look at his career and what he wanted for himself outside of it. Both had so much depth to them, I could easily read an entire series just about them, and as their relationship heated up I loved reading about them overcoming various issues in order to succeed. They weren't all about the sex, though those parts were certainly yummy, but their relationship also had communication and was an excellent example of how a relationship can progress quickly when distance is involved.

It felt as though we were playing sexual chess, each of us making a move that took us closer to getting naked.

My Chupacabra dating theory when out the window. Everything went out the window. Hopefully, my clothes would follow. I was going to make this happen or die trying.

There's another aspect to this novel that made it that much better for me, the amount of detail given to the other Wild Aces made the entire book come to life. This wasn't just two characters and their meeting, the readers see their interactions with friends and family, their jobs, and can feel the emotions they are going through. I expected the humor and the sizzling chemistry, I didn't expect the tears in my eyes, the ache in my chest, or the amount of fear I would experience alongside Jordan. Chanel Cleeton didn't just write a story about a woman and a fighter pilot, she wrote from the eyes of those two characters, as they faced relationship unknowns, high tension situations, good times with friends, and the dangerous reality that comes with dating someone in the U.S. Air Force. Everything felt realistic and the conflicts made the book all the more addictive for me.

He didn't fit into any box I'd come up with, and now I was coloring outside the lines, imagining all the possibilities of where this could go if I threw caution to the wind.

Fly With Me is an incredibly well-written and emotional book and I am already counting down to the next in the series. I was so engaged in the hilarious push and pull between Jordan and Noah and though I cried a bit, I loved the emotions Chanel Cleeton was able to make me feel. If you're looking for a read with dialogue that'll have you laughing, scorching hot romance, and some hot men in uniforms, this is for you. I cannot wait to know more about the men of Wild Aces, especially Easy!

Quotes are taken from the ARC and are subject to change in the final version. ( )
  CarleneInspired | Jun 14, 2019 |
Link to full review below! Enjoyable overall but I felt parts of the story were a bit drug out and I found myself skimming (I mean, seriously, all Jordan and Noah did was have sex. It got boring to read after like the first 40 times). But the ending made the whole book worth it! See full review on The Book Disciple ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
Oh man... I am so excited about finding this author. Or, I guess I can thank Berkley for introducing me to Chanel Cleeton's work. She is new to me, but I am definitely going to be checking out her other books. Fly With Me was so fabulous, I am urging everyone to read it. I have been experiencing burn out on contemporary romance this year, but I think this book has just broken my slump. Yay!

Jordan Callahan, by her description, is a South Florida Barbie. Blonde hair, blue eyes, curves to make a man drool. Typically, I would automatically be turned off by such a perfect sounding heroine. But I really liked Jordan. I identified with her in so many ways. I'd have been lying if I didn't admit I had blindingly horrible moments of awkward even on my good days. I pretty much lived in extremes. I either totally rocked it or epically failed, with very little in between. She's 30 and her little sister is getting married. She is despairing over whether she will ever find the right man... and her mother certainly is not letting her forget her spinster status. But she is also a successful part-owner of a kitschy clothing boutique on the beach. This certainly does not hurt her when it comes to being high maintenance... and I could not fault her for being all about the hair, makeup, clothes and shoes. So I had a really good connection with Jordan's character, and so much of her inner monologue resonated with me. I also totally identified with her dating woes. (See blog review)

Enter Noah Callahan, the dating Chupacabra. What's the dating Chupacabra you ask? The one that girls like me are searching for. In other words, he's a unicorn. And then there was the urban legend, Chupacabra-like myth of a man who would f*ck you up against a wall while he pulled your hair and then spoon you to sleep after. The guy who would bring you breakfast in bed with an orgasm on the side. The kind of guy who was so masculine that he could get you pregnant just by looking at you. Hoo boy, I need to fan myself. Thirty-three year old hot-shit bad-ass fighter pilot. Loyal to his squadron and the Air Force. Total alpha male. I could not get enough of Noah. I loved loved loved his cocky demeanor... but also that he was not a total alphahole. I always like when a book has a dual POV, because I totally dig getting in the head of these types of heroes. Noah was no exception. I had a great connection to his character as well. His thoughts and feelings seemed genuine... and I felt all the conflict he was enduring when trying to find a balance between the career he loved and the woman he loved. (See blog review)

So Jordan and Noah meet in Vegas and it kind of steamrolls from there. Chanel Cleeton did a fabulous job highlighting the reality and difficulty of military relationships and marriages. I loved the intensity that we felt between Noah and Jordan... and their sexual chemistry was off the charts. The sultry factor was balanced well with emotion though... this couple's feelings went through the wringer right along with their libido - and I was right there with them for the entire book.

Then, gah! The ugly crying. It was way intense. So be forewarned that you need to have your tissues ready for the last third of the book. Man, this is one of those books that have you blubbering but telling everyone: This bah-bah-book is so-so-so (sob) gah-gah-good... here read it!

I predict now that this is going to be one of my favorite books of the year. It was so good, that I already want to re-read it. I love it so much, that I'm passing on the goodness. Visit Bambi Unbridled from May 11-21, 2016 to win your own copy of Fly With Me.

I received an advanced copy of this book from Berkley Publishing in exchange for an honest review. 5 stars / 4 flames.

Full review posted at Bambi Unbridled
  Bambi_Unbridled | May 28, 2016 |
I received this free eARC from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

I am a huge fan of Chanel Cleeton so I was really excited to get this novel early! And I definitely enjoyed it. I loved the references to Top Gun even though it's a bit different than that movie, and I totes love that movie. I may even have to watch it now since I read this, haha!

Noah is awesome. He's such a manly man, but such a sweetheart and so self-conscious when it comes to his relationship with Jordan. He doesn't want to mess up and is always trying to figure out how to do the right thing.

And Jordan is a bad ass. She is running her own company, living life the way she wants, and is always looking for a challenge. So when Noah comes into her life, she takes life by the horns and goes with it.

The reason this only got 3 stars (which means I liked it! Really!) is because of the ending. It was rushed, it was pressured, and I felt like it should have had a little bit more ...meat...to the ending. I dunno, it worked for these two characters, but I think after reading their viewpoints for the novel that they would have wanted more and for it to not be so rushed.

I was able to relate to this story a little bit with the relationship I'm currently in, so it gave me a sense of a foretelling perhaps. Not sure if I should have read it like that, but oh well, that's what happened.

I think Cleeton's fans will enjoy this refreshing novel, and I am definitely looking forward to the rest in the series! ( )
  JeracaFite | Mar 20, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 174,008,441 books! | Top bar: Always visible