There's a Bear on My Chair by Ross…

There's a Bear on My Chair (edition 2016)

by Ross Collins (Author), Ross Collins (Illustrator)

Member:KayMilshell21
Title:There's a Bear on My Chair
Authors:Ross Collins (Author)
Other authors:Ross Collins (Illustrator)
Info:Nosy Crow (2016), 32 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Childrens book, picture book, animals, fiction, rhyming, personification, Texas 2x2

There's a Bear on My Chair by Ross Collins

Poor Mouse! A bear has settled in his favorite chair, and that chair just isn’t big enough for two. Mouse tries all kinds of tactics to move pesky Bear, but nothing works. Once Mouse has gone, Bear gets up and walks home. But what’s that? Is that a mouse in Bear’s house?
  wichitafriendsschool | Aug 11, 2018 |
Read at Lauren B's house. Great storytime choice! ( )
  JennyArch | Jul 28, 2018 |
There's A Bear on my Chair is about a mouse that notices that bear is sitting in his chair. At first, he's frustrated and wants him out of his chair and the mouse gives up. At the very end of the book, when the bear finally decides to leave, he finds the mouse in his bed. This is a great book for teaching rhyming or to work on sight words with an older class. ( )
  MalloryGilbert | Apr 23, 2018 |
A mouse comes home to find that there is a bear sitting in his chair and he can't seem to find a way to get the bear out of his chair. So, he does everything he can think of, because they can't fit on the chair together, and decides that he is going to go to the bear's house and take his space. ( )
  mckennalandry | Apr 10, 2018 |
“There’s a Bear on my Chair” by Ross Collins is about a mouse who finds a bear sitting in his chair. No matter how hard he tries, the bear will not get off of his chair. This children’s book is full of exclamatory statements and funny drawings.

One activity that teachers could pair this book with is rhyming poetry. After making a list of the rhyming words they heard in the story, students could come up with their own list of rhyming words to create a poem like: "There's a fox in my box. He is wearing my socks and playing with blocks." ( )
  Virginiaaaa | Nov 15, 2017 |

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 15 May 2016 02:59:18 -0400)

Poor Mouse! A bear has settled in his favourite chair and that chair just isn't big enough for two. Mouse tries all kinds of tactics to move the pesky Bear but nothing works and poor Mouse gives up. Once Mouse has gone, Bear gets up and walks home. But what's that? Is that a Mouse in Bear's house?!… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,130,876 books! | Top bar: Always visible