There's a Bear on My Chair by Ross…

There's a Bear on My Chair (edition 2016)

by Ross Collins (Author), Ross Collins (Illustrator)

Member:KayMilshell21
Title:There's a Bear on My Chair
Authors:Ross Collins (Author)
Other authors:Ross Collins (Illustrator)
Info:Nosy Crow (2016), 32 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Childrens book, picture book, animals, fiction, rhyming, personification, Texas 2x2

There's a Bear on My Chair by Ross Collins

“There’s a Bear on my Chair” by Ross Collins is about a mouse who finds a bear sitting in his chair. No matter how hard he tries, the bear will not get off of his chair. This children’s book is full of exclamatory statements and funny drawings.

One activity that teachers could pair this book with is rhyming poetry. After making a list of the rhyming words they heard in the story, students could come up with their own list of rhyming words to create a poem like: "There's a fox in my box. He is wearing my socks and playing with blocks." ( )
  Virginiaaaa | Nov 15, 2017 |
I like reading this book because it was engaging. This story is about a mouse trying to move a big bear from sitting in his chair. I would read this book to first graders because it shows rhyming and different word families. ( )
  KayMilshell21 | Nov 14, 2017 |
I found this to be an adorable and engaging book because of its creative, rhyming text and humorous illustrations. It is about a mouse who tries to get a bear out of his chair, but when he seems to be failing, he finds a new comfy place to rest. I would recommend this book as a read aloud for students in kindergarten through third grade. Younger students will appreciate the comedic element, as well as observe rhyme within text. The book could also be used to build vocabulary and study r-controlled vowels. ( )
  TiffanySpanos | Nov 5, 2017 |
I really enjoyed reading this book. I would personally read it to any elementary grade simply because of the illustrations and the vocabulary. The author used many high vocabulary for early elementary, but those students would still be able to figure out what the meaning is or what emotion is being told and felt. This story is about a mouse that tries many different methods and ways to get the bear out of his chair. After many attempts of trying, the mouse resorts in finding a new place to rest. His resting place is rather different compared to the chair because it is the polar bear's bed. In the end, the mouse is content and the bear is confused. Overall, it was a cute book with great illustrations. ( )
  Karleyk14 | Oct 9, 2017 |
This book is perfect for kinder students! The story is funny and engaging as a mouse tries everything he can to get this bear out of his chair, until he finally gives up and sits in the bears chair. I would use this book in my class when talking about rhymes and word families! ( )
  sabrinadixon123 | Oct 5, 2017 |

Poor Mouse! A bear has settled in his favorite chair, and that chair just isn’t big enough for two. Mouse tries all kinds of tactics to move pesky Bear, but nothing works. Once Mouse has gone, Bear gets up and walks home. But what’s that? Is that a mouse in Bear’s house?

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 15 May 2016 02:59:18 -0400)

Poor Mouse! A bear has settled in his favourite chair and that chair just isn't big enough for two. Mouse tries all kinds of tactics to move the pesky Bear but nothing works and poor Mouse gives up. Once Mouse has gone, Bear gets up and walks home. But what's that? Is that a Mouse in Bear's house?!… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,416,037 books! | Top bar: Always visible