Murder Comes by Mail (The Hidden Springs…

Murder Comes by Mail (The Hidden Springs Mysteries) (edition 2016)

by A. H. Gabhart (Author)

A Cozy Mystery Complete with a Small Town Full of Charming, Quirky CharactersDeputy Sheriff Michael Keane doesn't particularly enjoy being touted as the hero of Hidden Springs after pulling a suicidal man back from the edge of the Eagle River bridge in front of dozens of witnesses--a few of whom caught the breathtaking moments with their cameras. But the media hype doesn't last long as a new story pushes its way into the public consciousness of Hidden Springs' concerned citizens. Photos of a dead girl arrive in the mail, and Michael becomes convinced she was murdered by the man he saved. With a killer one step ahead, things in Hidden Springs begin to unravel. Now Michael must protect the people he loves--because the killer could be targeting one of them next.Readers will love racing along with Deputy Sheriff Keane as the clock ticks in this page-turning mystery.… (more)
Member:ShareeKim
Title:Murder Comes by Mail (The Hidden Springs Mysteries)
Authors:A. H. Gabhart (Author)
Info:Revell (2016), 352 pages
Rating:*****

Murder Comes by Mail (The Hidden Springs Mysteries) by A. H. Gabhart

Loved this book. I read this book as part of the popsugar reading challenge 2016. ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |
When I saw that A. H. Gabhart had her second book out in the Hidden Springs Mystery series I grabbed the chance to read it. Her characters are well developed and believable. I really like Deputy Sheriff Michael Keane, the lead in this series. His humbleness and unassuming personality make this mystery very appealing. He becomes the hero in the town early on but then he feels more as an albatross as people are being killed. This book is a delight to read and the suspense keeps you turning the pages until the end. What I enjoy, too, is that Michael is in love with a woman who used to live in his town but now is a big shot attorney who never wants to return to her roots. Michael's feisty aunt continues to convince him to settle down but Michael likes life the way it is, simple and uncomplicated. I highly recommend Murder Comes by Mail.

I received a copy from NetGalley for my honest review. ( )
  sh2rose | Sep 6, 2016 |
Murder Comes By Mail by A.H. Gabhart is Book Two in the Hidden Springs Mysteries. It’s a wonderful, suspenseful story and although I’d not read the first book, I was able to engage from the beginning without any issues. And now, I’m going back for book one.
Michael Keane is a super nice guy, driving a bus filled with little old ladies to a show when he comes across a suicidal man threatening to jump from a bridge. Being the Deputy Sheriff, it’s his responsibility to help the man. One success is lost in a string of murders and Michael’s convinced the suicidal man is the common denominator. Michael is trying desperately to stay ahead in the game before another person ends up dead.
I was screaming “I know who done it” and loving the mystery within. This book had me staying up late for “just one more chapter” and I can’t wait for the next book in the series. I give it five out of five stars and recommend it for sure. I’d love to tell you more about the story but don’t want to spoil one second of the suspense. So, you’ve just gotta read it for yourself.
I received this book from Revell Publishing in exchange for my honest opinion which I’ve provided here.
https://wordynerdyblog.wordpress.com/2016-book-reviews/murder-comes-by-mail-by-a... ( )
  ShareeKim | Jun 9, 2016 |
Wonderful again! Love deputy sheriff Michael Keane. He is so much fun. Love seeing how life is in Hidden Springs. Can Michael get passed being a hero? He saves a man from committing suicide and then isn't sure if he should have saved him. No one is sure if he isn't a serial killer. Did Michael do the right thing? There are many twists and turns in this small town tale. I received this book from Revell for a fair and honest opinion. ( )
  Virginia51 | Jun 1, 2016 |
Monday, May 30, 2016
Murder Comes by Mail ~ a cozy mystery by A. H. Gabhart, © 2016
A Hidden Springs Mystery, Book 2

Main Street, U.S.A.; a town much like Hidden Springs?

Deputy Sheriff Michael Keane
How could anything happen on the way over to Eagleton with the blue-haired ladies? Always seems to be an adventure when I volunteer to drive them.... Volunteer? Coerced is a better word. On a beautiful day at the turn of the bridge, a man is not so sure of his grip until two of the ladies flash their cameras at him. Exhilarating for the townspeople to have pictures being in the newspaper the next day. Not much happens in Hidden Springs. Could be why I am trying to settle down here away from the cluster of activity in the big city.

Hank Leland
I'm the press guy for the Hidden Springs Gazette, best local newspaper coming out on Wednesdays, in our area anyway. When the nearby towns get a whiff of my front page photos, all the other editors will be clamoring for a piece, at a price, of course. Dusting off my camera, I finally have some trading to do. Some guy deciding whether to jump off that Eagle River bridge, famous for previous attempts in the past. Well, one guy made it to tell about it. Those others just washed down. Morbid, I know. Alert Deputy Keane took care of his plan. A rescuing hero for my paper, I'd say!

Betty Jean
As if I don't have enough to do here at Sheriff Potter's office when they are out galavanting around town! Now the phone is ringing constantly and I have used up almost all of a pink pad of While You Were Out slips. Finally writing "ditto" on most of them, our handsome Deputy Keane has made a ruckus instead of just driving those chatty ladies to the play. Here's another excuse for that pesky Hank to show up here at the courthouse again. Always snooping around for "what I might know," he says.

Just as things start to settle down, that "head" doctor calls the office to say the jumper-elect has jumped restriction and left the evaluation floor. Who knows him, anyway? Probably on his way to pick up his beat-up car at T.R.'s towing.
~*~
As this quiet little Kentucky town becomes anything but, the department has a lot on its hands, especially Deputy Keane ~ The Rescuer. Why couldn't he have taken the main road that day instead of going by Eagle River?

Silence isn't always golden. The mail delivery is getting more active. Join this cozy mystery and see if you can figure out the perpetrator. Hopefully, it is not a hometown set-up. Watch for clues along the way.

***Thank you to Revell Reads for inviting me to come along on this May book tour for A. H. Gabhart's Murder Comes by Mail and sending me a review copy. This review was written in my own words. No other compensation was received.*** ( )
  lanehillhouse | May 30, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,894,700 books! | Top bar: Always visible