The Fourteen Day Soul Detox by Rita…

The Fourteen Day Soul Detox (edition 2016)

by Rita Stradling (Author)

1481,052,317 (3.71)None
Volume One of the Serial Novella. In the next fourteen days, I plan to:Body1) Cut back on my coffee intake.2) Gain some of my weight back.3) Start getting some exercise again (aside from having sex with Cameron).4) Sleep.Mind5) Take on my daughter's school board.6) Sell my coffee shop.7) Go on a date with that hunky single dad from my daughter's school.Soul8) Stop wearing my wedding ring.9) Spread my husband's ashes.10) Forgive the woman who killed him.11) Stop sleeping with her ex-husband.12) Remember what love feels like.13) Be happy.… (more)
Member:jenny_acc
Title:The Fourteen Day Soul Detox
Authors:Rita Stradling (Author)
Info:(2016), 150 pages
Rating:***

The Fourteen Day Soul Detox, Volume One by Rita Stradling

I liked it. The writing was fine. The characters were the kind I enjoy reading, but I have to be honest. I don't understand the point of making it a series of novellas. I'm not sure I care enough to follow them throughout the entire series. I was gifted a copy of the book through LibraryThing and the audiobook through Audible from the author in exchange for an honest review. I just purchased the Kindle version since it was free. ( )
  gentlespirit512 | Nov 27, 2018 |
  gentlespirit512 | Nov 22, 2016 |
Let's start with: I need more! After reading the first volume, I can't wait to start the second one. Although fortunately I've never been through what Jamie is going through, I can really relate to her. I like the way it is build-up: you don't miss a single thing of Jamie's, but it never gets boring.
Just halfway through the first volume I realized I wouldn't get to read all 14 days (+ day zero), but thankfully I already have volume 2 lined up on my e-reader. So far, this story got everything that it needs: a relatable main character, best friends, crazy family, two (possible) love interests, a possibly dangerous neighbour who makes you shiver and of course the kids.
Volume Two, here I come! ( )
  Kamer27 | Jun 13, 2016 |
Jamie is a newly thirty year old with the stress of the world on her shoulders. She works two jobs to meet the needs of her special needs daughter and strives to be the best mother she can. She has experienced loss, being widowed by a car accident a year ago that took her husband's life. She is a strong, hard working, and compassionate individual who seems lost in her own reality. With the help of family and friends she is able to take steps forward in a "soul detox" that she created with the help of a close friend. Over the series, we follow Jamie on this journey of life changing decisions, both small and big.

The style of writing for this story is interesting. I will confess that when I first read the title of this novel, I thought it was another inspirational writing on how to detox your life. After finishing the introduction into Jamie's life, I have become attached to her and her daughter. Although characters in a fictional book, they relate to so many people in a realistic every day life. Life is hard, and unfair, but worth every struggle for the ones you love. I would highly recommend this book for an older audience (some sex, and language). Do not misunderstand me though, this book does have its twist and turns, providing an interesting progression of Jamie's story. If you want to read a book that makes you feel that you are not alone in this world, that you love your family despite their craziness, and nothing ever turns out the way you want it to, this is the book for you to read.

**I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  Literature_Owl | Jun 4, 2016 |
Not a bad book,but the writing is somewhat disappointing. It narrates a lot in 1st person,but there's no real dialogue. It is exhausting reading all these "he said","she said",so eventually I started skipping them, forming the dialogue myself.if that was fixed it would be a very enjoyable read. ( )
  jenny_acc | May 31, 2016 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Rita Stradling's book The Fourteen Day Soul Detox was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Rita Stradling is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,389,864 books! | Top bar: Always visible