A Very Jaguar Christmas (Heart of the…

A Very Jaguar Christmas (Heart of the Jaguar)

by Terry Spear

152973,331 (4)None
"As a protector of all jaguar-kind, Guardian agent Demetria MacFarlane isn't surprised to get a call near Christmas-but when she's sent to protect a cub whose species she didn't even know existed, her holiday season gets complicated. And it doesn't help that her partner is a distraction of the hottest kind. Hotshot JAG agent Everett Anderson can handle dangerous poachers and wildlife traffickers, no problem...but kids? Everett fears he'll be stuck cub-sitting under the Christmas tree, but working with one sexy Guardian she-cat may be the best present he's ever gotten"--Page [4] of cover.… (more)

Both are jaguar agents, he's desired her for a long time but his friend was dating her first. After he dies on a mission Everett tries to give Demetria space to heal. Thrown together on a joint mission these two come together, while trying to return a wolf pup to his family. It's a little cheesey at times and realism it glossed over but it is a holiday story. Appears Spear is merging her wolf and jaguar series or at least is going to over lap them in the future.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |

DNF’d at 22%

I never thought I would be DNFing a Spear’s book. I’ve always enjoyed the stories and romances, but this time it wasn’t clicking for me.

I was not feeling the story, characters, or the case. It felt blaze, predictable, cliche and it wasn’t pulling me in or catching my interest.

I will say the start was dramatic and sad, but after that nothing more for me.

A Very Jaguar Christmas was not the book for me. If the blurb intrigues you, I urge you to give it a shot. Just because it did not work for me does not mean it won’t for you.

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Sourcebooks Casablanca via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |
I've written over sixty novels, and yet, sometimes I get so stuck on a story that I wonder why my muse has abandoned me. Thanks to Donna Fournier for pulling me out of the dark abyss this time! What did I need? Snow for Christmas! And the perfect place for snow is Minnesota!
Costa Rican rain forest

Everett Anderson couldn't get a break during this mission, no matter how hard he and his fellow JAG agent tired.

Terry Spear is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,742,814 books! | Top bar: Always visible