The Miracle of Mindfulness (Gift edition) by…

The Miracle of Mindfulness (Gift edition) (original 1975; edition 2012)

by NA (Author)

In this beautiful and lucid guide, Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh offers gentle anecdotes and practical exercise as a means of learning the skills of mindfulness--being awake and fully aware. From washing the dishes to answering the phone to peeling an orange, he reminds us that each moment holds within it an opportunity to work toward greater self-understanding and peacefulness.… (more)
Member:safari45
Title:The Miracle of Mindfulness (Gift edition)
Authors:NA (Author)
Info:Rider (2012), Edition: Special edition

The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh (1975)

10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works--A True Story by Dan Harris (alaskayo)
    alaskayo: Harris, a news anchor who famously broke down from stress on camera, waded through thousands of pages of new age nonsense in order to find something 'real' -- meditation. A great, funny memoir detailing his experiences with learning meditation, often feeling like an idiot in doing so.… (more)
    Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life by Thich Nhat Hanh (anthonywillard)
    Being Peace by Thich Nhat Hanh (anthonywillard)

English (45)  Italian (1)  French (1)  German (1)  All languages (48)
thought provoking and encouraging.
an excellent collection of guidance and advice. ( )
  mjhunt | Jan 22, 2021 |
I love Thich Nhat Hanh. The material in this book seems to be an important source for Eckhart Tolle's Power of Now. In this book, he provides the reasons for mindfulness and gives a multitude of practical examples for practicing mindfulness in your own life. Helpful.

I did feel, however, the last parts were painfully repetitive. I get it... meditative... but sheesh. ( )
  nrt43 | Dec 29, 2020 |
One of the best available introductions to the wisdom and beauty of meditation practice.
  PAFM | Oct 19, 2019 |
Hanh has some interesting and useful techniques for meditation and mindfulness. He lost me a bit when he says that Tolstoy is a saint, but otherwise it's an inspiring read. (December 09, 2006) ( )
  cindywho | May 27, 2019 |
Beautifully eloquent and simple book on meditation. ( )
  jvgravy | Apr 27, 2019 |

Thich Nhat Hanhprimary authorall editionscalculated
Forest, JamesAfterwordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ho, MobiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Williams, MarkForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Yesterday Allen came over to visit with his son Joey.
Joy and peace are the joy and peace possible in this very hour of sitting. If you cannot find it here, you won't find it anywhere.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Thich Nhat Hanh's book The Miracle of Mindfulness, Gift Edition: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Beacon Press

2 editions of this book were published by Beacon Press.

Editions: 0807012394, 0807012327

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,045,531 books! | Top bar: Always visible