Too Hot to Handle

by Tessa Bailey

Series: Romancing the Clarksons (1)

When rescue looks like a whole lot of trouble . . . The road trip was definitely a bad idea. Having already flambéed her culinary career beyond recognition, Rita Clarkson is now stranded in God-Knows-Where, New Mexico, with a busted-ass car and her three temperamental siblings, who she hasn't seen in years. When rescue shows up---six-feet-plus of hot, charming sex on a motorcycle---Rita's pretty certain she's gone from the frying pan right into the fire . . . Jasper Ellis has a bad boy reputation in this town, and he loathes it. The moment he sees Rita, though, Jasper knows he's about to be sorely tempted. There's something real between them. Something raw. And Jasper has only a few days to show Rita that he isn't just for tonight---he's forever. *** The Romancing the Clarksons series Book 1 - Too Hot to Handle (Rita and Jasper) Book 2 - Too Wild to Tame (Aaron and Grace) Book 3 - Too Hard to Forget (Peggy and Elliott) Book 4 - Too Beautiful to Break (Belmont and Sage)… (more)

I usually love Tessa Bailey but I kind of hated Jasper and his manipulative ways and the whole family is just so so damaged that the book was hard to read. ( )
  Stacie-C | May 8, 2021 |
DNF @ 30%

So for a reader who unapologetically loves [b:Beautiful Stranger|16117506|Beautiful Stranger (Beautiful Bastard, #2)|Christina Lauren|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1359073239s/16117506.jpg|21935683] (and the series for all its flaws, to be honest, but here that book feels most appropriate) -things that could be flimsily classified as romance or erotica or smromance, what made this too ... meh and creepy for me...

I love dirty talking heroes. I love intense sexual connections, and yes,insta-lust. But this book is a weird combination that I just can't quite get on board with. From the second meeting, we have the hero telling the heroine "I don't know you well, but I know you won't take shit" (Or I'm paraphrasing) but WHY, WHY does he know that. (And no thanks)

And why does he feel like a creepy leering guy who wants to but can't quite keep it in his pants. And no matter if I said "I came here for you to fuck me," I feel like I'm a little turned off my just pussy-grabbing in the back room, just me? And the development of the characters was boring. I don't have anything else to say on that...Maybe it's a case of failed execution for me....

samnreader | Jun 27, 2020 |
Tessa Bailey and her family of misfits took some time for me to warm up to but once it happened, I was all in. The Clarksons are a family that know what they want but lack the direction needed to get there. That guidance has always come from Miriam, the family matriach. Through the flubs she made and the love she gave, her teachings were the one constant in an ever changing world of heartaches and failure. She was the glue that held this faltering group together. Now they have too find the way on their own. With a little divine intervention. I received an ARC of Too Hot to Handle in exchange for an honest review. Rita had the heart to fulfill her dreams but lacked the confidence. Her life is quickly falling apart and she is losing herself piece by piece. Through memories, we get to explore her relationship with her mother and her personal development. I loved how Ms. Bailey wrote a tempting love story but she also explored the deeply emotional bond between a family. Through the good and bad. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
When I first started reading this book, I got excited because Rita, and her siblings, Belmont, Aaron, and Peggy were funny. You could tell that despite not seeing each other for a long while they still shared love for each other and would do anything to protect one another. Even if it means taking on Jasper. Although, from this comment "Feel free to annoy my sister, but bring her back alive. I am not thinking that they would be much of a battle.

While I did enjoy this book, I was thinking that it was going to be funnier then it turned out to me. I hardly found myself laughing after the first chapter. Yet, I can't deny the chemistry between Rita and Jasper. However, I realized that there can be times when characters using the "f" word too much. Like Jasper in this case. He would use it a lot when communicating with Rita during their make out and sex scenes. For me I felt drawn back some from the romance as if it was more aggressive then hot and sexy. Although, I would not mind being rescued by someone like Jasper. I got a sneak peek of the next book and it focuses on Belmont. There is something going on with him and Sage that I would like to know more about. So I would be willing to check this next book out. ( )
  Cherylk | Nov 3, 2016 |
4.5 Stars | White-Hot Steam

TOO HOT TO HANDLE is here and it is sizzling perfection! *throws confetti* An absolute drop-everything-must-read affair for Tessa Bailey fans and new, soon-to-be-obsessed readers alike, Rita and Jasper’s scrumptious and sinfully sexy story—an intimate romance wrapped up in an epic adventure—is quintessential Bailey at her finest! Endlessly appealing and impossible to put down, this lively, emotive, molten-hot, and monumentally satisfying first installment of the Romancing the Clarksons series is the optimal gateway read to your next novel addiction!

Brilliantly written with a wealth of joy, heart, soul, and blazing heat, Tessa Bailey delivers one of her most endearing, rousing, and passion-fueled page turners to date. Rita and Jasper—one of my favorite Bailey couples ever—are an inextinguishable wild fire of pent up passion, urgency, intense need, and wicked desire. Imagine your every naughty fantasy come to life—that’s this heavenly couple on every page, in every scene. Together they’re delectably dirty, raw, unleashed, and achingly beautiful. Oh, how I loved them!

I haven’t been this excited for a new contemporary series in ages! After devouring the preview of TOO WILD TO TAME at the end of TOO HOT TO HANDLE, I am desperate to find out what happens to Aaron and Grace. I’m not sure how I’ll survive until September. I wish I could just binge read them all this instant!

Bottom Line: Read this book!

Complimentary copy provided in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  TheLustyLiterate | May 17, 2016 |

Tessa Baileyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ash, GreysonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,897,216 books! | Top bar: Always visible