HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Velvet, Volume 3: The Man Who Stole The World

by Ed Brubaker

Series: Velvet (11-15)

Velvet Templeton's hunt has led her into a dark well of lies, murder, and international business. And as the secrets she chases come to light, their answers all point to one place, the halls of world power, Washington D.C."--Back cover.

I liked how everything in this volume played out to the end. I'm not sure if this is the final volume, but the way it ends makes it seems like Velvet is taking a "brake." I still think this book didn't get enough attention. This and Brubaker's Fade Out were phenomenal series. I highly recommend them both. ( )
  Ghost_Boy | Aug 25, 2022 |
Good addition to the Velvet Templeton series, but not as good as first two volumes. Velvet Templeton has been laying low (outside of the country for several months), but returns to continue investigating the death of her husband, a key spy operative. Her investigation leads all the way to Dirty Dick Nixon's White House. Good time piece for a 1960's spy yarn. Exciting visuals, as always. ( )
  skipstern | Jul 11, 2021 |
Velvet works her way to the source of the conspiracy in this concluding volume of the spy-fantasy series. ( )
  questbird | Jan 1, 2019 |
Once the fantasy spy story collided with real-life politicians, I started thinking too hard about how unlikely the events were and how anachronistic some of the technology seemed. In this final chapter, especially, our protagonist seemed to spend more time flying than Superman. ( )
  villemezbrown | Jul 28, 2018 |
I really have no idea why it took me so long to read this final volume; it's been over a year since I read the first two books!

Great ending to a great series! ( )
  ssimon2000 | May 7, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,943,071 books! | Top bar: Always visible