Triple Love Score by Brandi Megan Granett

Triple Love Score

by Brandi Megan Granett

921,426,167 (3.75)None
A poetry professor stumbles into fame and fortune as an anonymous online Scrabble(R) poet. Miranda lives a quiet life among books and letters as a poetry professor in a small upstate town. When two snap decisions turn up the volume on her life, she must decide whether or not her best laid plans actually lead to where her heart wants to go.… (more)

Although I didn't hate it, I didn't love it either. I think the premise was interesting but so many opportunities to make it better were lost. The whole student thing was either cut out and left on the editor's floor or a wasted opportunity and just should not have been included. I would like to say it was an easy read, but I seemed to fall asleep reading it too many nights without getting very far and it took me way to long to finish the book. Enjoyed meeting the author and would read her work again, however, this one was just not for me. ( )
  booklovers2 | Jan 3, 2017 |
Miranda is a poetry professor who lives a solitary life. She had long been in love with Scott but he disappeared years before without a trace. Scott had been a family friend and was always there to help her when she needed before he disappeared. As the novel starts, Scott shows up at Miranda's parents with a young daughter that no one knew about. Seeing him again and his refusal to answer her questions about his past is the catalyst that causes Miranda to make some poor decisions in her life. At the same time, she starts making small poems on a Scrabble board and posting them on social media as the Blocked Poet. So while her personal life is a mess, her life as the Blocked Poet goes viral. Can she re-kindle her relationship with Scott and does she really need to in order to be a happy person?

I loved this book and the character of Miranda is so well done that you feel her pain and confusion. I also loved the Scrabble board poetry and that the author shows the main poems as part of the story. This is a fun book to read and a great debut novel for Brandi Granett.

(Thanks to the author for a copy of this book for a fair and honest review.) ( )
  susan0316 | Jun 1, 2016 |
You never realize where you are going until you get there, where nothing is planned, nothing is known, and your're drawn back into the heart's old orbits, tiny as a grain, massive as a moon. ---------Pat Boran, excerpt from "Moon Street"
To Avram. Without you, I wouldn't know enough about love to write even a sentence about it.
Prologue----- Even at Twelve years old, Miranda knew better than to dissuade her mother from orchestrating her own funeral.
Chapter 1 ----- Miranda stood on the street corner admiring the brightly dyed flowers arranged in so many buckets in front of the bodega.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,921,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible