Daley, Brian - Alacrity Fitzhugh 2 - Jinx on…

Daley, Brian - Alacrity Fitzhugh 2 - Jinx on a Terran Inheritance (1985)

by Brian Daley

Series: Fitzhugh and Floyt (2)

The dying ruler of a small interstellar kingdom made a minor Old-Earth bureaucrat named Hobart Floyt the surprised inheritor of an interstellar spacecraft. There were just a few minor problems: The dead ruler never told Floyt how to find the ship. The bureaucrats of Earth wanted the ship for themselves, and someone kept trying to murder Floyt and his friend Alacrity Fitzhugh.… (more)
Member:blacktavish
Title:Daley, Brian - Alacrity Fitzhugh 2 - Jinx on a Terran Inheritance
Authors:Brian Daley
Info:Publisher Unknown
Tags:SF-Speculative, pdf

Jinx On a Terran Inheritance by Brian Daley (1985)

This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission. Title: Jinx on a Terran Inheritance Series: The Terran Inheritance Author: Brian Daley Rating: of 5 Battle Axes Genre: SFF Pages: 416 Synopsis: Alacrity and Hobart (I just love saying those names. Daley did a grand job of picking them) continue their quest to find "their" starship and return it to Earth as they are both still under compulsion from the conditioning they received in the first book. However, things happen. Things like becoming slaves. Things like discovering that there IS a vast conspiracy of control by a secret Group. Things like trying to survive said Secret Group. My Thoughts: Once again, Brian Daley spins a fanciful, adventurous yarn that is just plain fun to read. This was a romp, a lark, a joy to read. I simply had fun reading this. I wasn't worried about grammar and spelling mistakes. I wasn't worried about stupid characters or the such. I wasn't worried about Hobart and Floyd giving page long soliloquys about how tortured their hearts were and how much they hated themselves and Existence itself. Quite the opposite in fact. I enjoyed this as much as the first book and have high hopes that I'll enjoy the final book in this trilogy as well. " ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
Enjoyed this when I read it in the 80's, don't remember a darn thing about it now, which doesn't mean it was bad, just not quite memorable enough. It is on my list to read again.

I finally got back to reading this again, only to discover that I'd jumped into the middle of a trilogy! This is light science fiction at its best, ray guns and FTL (Hawking drive!) and thousands of human settled planets. Two earthers are trying to find the spaceship that has been inherited in a mysterious way by Hobart Floyt, while nefarious powers of Earth and the galaxy attempt to prevent it. It reminded me quite a bit of the Alan Dean Foster scifi, very similar in style. As silly as it sounds, one of the best scenes is when the two get drafted into being mourners for an influential alien they never even met and show the aliens how humans do it! ( )
  Karlstar | Sep 7, 2009 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,404,497 books! | Top bar: Always visible