Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed (1989)

by Eileen Christelow

Series: Five Little Monkeys (book 1)

A counting book in which one by one the little monkeys jump on the bed only to fall off and bump their heads.

BLTSbraille | Nov 1, 2021 |
This is one of my favorite story-time books for younger readers. They love bouncing and counting along with the silly monkeys. Although there are many versions of this story, I always come back to this one. It’s also a great concept book for young readers who are learning to count. ( )
  BookwormMarie | May 16, 2021 |
I love reading this book it’s a humorous poetry and song book. There is of course the hidden meaning of listening to your mother and the doctor. The book also can help children count. It’s rhyming and repetition helps the readers predict what’s going to happen next. ( )
  PaigeAnderson | Nov 15, 2020 |
I have listened to this in song form with my sister and her two babies. They really love listening to it I think because they know what is going to happen next.
  mackenziemitchell | Nov 14, 2020 |
Used in Storytime 3/30/17 - The Letter J ( )
  klnbennett | Oct 7, 2020 |

Eileen Christelowprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ortiz, VictoriaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Heather, Morgan, Joni, Grady, Stefan
It was bedtime.

"Five Little Monkeys Juping on the Bed" is a story about five monkeys having too much fun on a bed. As they jump with fun, one monkey at a time falls off the bed. Once the last little monkey jumps off the bed , the mother monkey is happy. Why? Because the mother can finally go to bed in peace. This story is great book to read before introducing numbers to students. It will help students with their counting and will be a joy read for them.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,145,856 books! | Top bar: Always visible