The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: Easy Recipes for Fast & Healthy Meals

by Laurel Randolph

With [this book], you'll explore an inspiring variety of healthy, easy-to-make pressure cooker recipes-- from savory breakfasts to hearty stews to decadent desserts, and more. Packed with nutritious, family-friendly pressure cooker recipes-- plus vegetarian, gluten-free, and Paleo-friendly options-- [this book] is your go-to guide for fuss-free, all-in-one cooking.… (more)

I got an Instant Pot for Christmas and excitedly picked up several cookbooks for it. This was one of them. I am so happy I chose this book! A good description of the Instant Pot and how to use/care for it starts the book off. The recipes are easy to follow. The ingredients are everyday ones for the most part. The author includes tips and variations with the recipes. Another thing I appreciated is the recipes contain some nutritional information, including carb counts. My dad is a diabetic so carb counts are important in my house. The actual only drawback is there are no pictures of the recipes. I do like to see how my meal looks in comparison to how it is supposed to look. Sometimes they match, sometimes I am left determined that next time it will look like the picture. Haha. So while not having pictures does not affect the ease of following the recipe, it does take out the comparison fun. For someone new to the Instant Pot, I would definitely recommend this book. Inexperienced cooks and those new to pressure or instant cooking will be able to easily follow the recipes. I would recommend they take the time to read through the description, use and care of the Instant Pot before diving into the recipes. I found a lot of helpful advice, and even highlighted things I need to remember, in this section of the book. Vegetarians may find some recipes in here but would probably be better with a book that is directed towards their diet. They might want to borrow this book to read over the helpful advice though. ( )
  Wulfwyn907 | Jan 30, 2022 |
Featuring more than 100 simple and great tasting recipes for this incredibly versatile appliance, this Instant Pot cookbook is a must-have for new owners and experienced enthusiasts alike.
  BLTSbraille | Sep 3, 2021 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Member Giveaways.
I was debating on whether I would want a pressure cooker so I was pleased to get this book from the member giveaway on Librarything. It convinced me to buy one as the beginning clearly tells you what you can do and I had no idea I could sauté and slow cook in it as well. There are good chapter divisions for types of food and the recipes are clearly and logically written along with what pressure level and type of release to use. I will not buy or keep any cookbook which does not list by recipe name and main ingredient. This book has the two in separate indexes along with urls for the manual and more recipes. I'm picky on what cookbooks to keep on paper or on a computer and this one is a keeper and if I reference it a lot, I'll buy a paper copy. ( )
  stacypilot | Aug 9, 2017 |
Easy Recipes
  jhawn | Jul 31, 2017 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,266,057 books! | Top bar: Always visible