Starfall by Melissa Landers

Starfall (edition 2018)

by Melissa Landers (Author)

Series: Starflight (2)

When Princess Cassia Rose fled her home world of Eturia to escape an arranged marriage, she had no idea her sudden departure would spark a war. Now after two years hiding as a ship hand, she is finally returning to her beloved home'but not in the way she imagined. Shackled by bounty hunters, she is violently dragged back to account for her crimes. Her only solace is that the Banshee crew managed to evade capture, including Kane Arric, her best friend...with occasional benefits. Meanwhile, Kane and the rest of the crew of the Banshee plan a desperate rescue mission. But when they arrive on Eturia, Cassia isn't exactly in need of heroics--she's claimed her birthright as Eturia's queen, but has inherited a war-torn planet simmering with rebellion. Cassia must make alliances, and Kane, the bastard son of a merchant, isn't a choice that will earn her any friends. Kane knows he will never find someone to replace Cassia--and is certain she returns his feelings--but how can he throw away his own promising future waiting on a queen? When the outer realm is threatened by the dangerous Zhang mafia, Cassia, Kane and the rest of the Banshee crew uncover a horrifying conspiracy that endangers the entire universe. In the face of unspeakable evil, Cassia must confront her own family's complicated legacy on Eturia and decide once and for all who her real family is.… (more)
Member:Quaisior
Rating:***
Tags:science fiction, Starflight Duology

Work Information

Starfall (a Starflight novel) by Melissa Landers

I really really loved this book! After I read the first one I really wanted more of Solara and Doran, I wasn't too keen on them not being the main characters of this next book. However, once I read this book I fell in love with Cassia and Kane (not that I didn't love them already). It was so exciting to see this inner look at their lives and see how everything plays out in the future along with learning a lot of new information about their past. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves outer space and not to mention romance! This book exceeded all of my expectations (my expectations were set really high after the first book). I enjoyed it from beginning to end and could not put it down. ( )
  BookshelfMadness | Mar 6, 2018 |

This didn't have the same light-hearted fun as Starflight but I love these characters so much that this was very enjoyable to read. I found it to be a little predictable and the plot moved slower at times but it was still engaging.

Full Review: http://wp.me/p7hLUw-1lr
Actual Rating: 5/5 ( )
  seriesousbooks | Feb 7, 2018 |
Ohh wow, wow, wow!!!! Where do I start first. I will like to say on how much I missed the banshee misfits I just love every one of the crew members and there adventure, and what a wild journey they had in Starfall! As you can tell I love everything in Starfall which surprise me because I really didn't know how I was going to like this one. Because I really didn't like Cassia or Kane that much in Starflifgt. But that's because I really didn't know a lot about them in Starflight until the very end. And in Starfall we learn and know so much more about Cassie & Kane. And I did read the both of them developed quite slowly from Starflight through Starfall you see them grow and transition too very strong and badass adults. In fact the whole Banshee Misfits grow up literally too a badass misfit crew that I just couldn't put this book down. My favorite couple will always be Dorian and Solara but Cassie and Kane are a close second to Renny and Arabelle. We also met new characters in Starfall which I absolutely loved them as well as you can see I mention Arabelle. If you haven't read Starflight you won't know who is Arabelle is but she is a person who is near and dear to Renny, and I won't say no more about her because I don't want to spoil anything too anybody. You have too read this fantastic duology to learn who Arabelle is, but I will say she is like a mother hen too all the younger banshee crew members and they all love and care about her deeply as well. Now I don't want to get into in any details about Starfall. But the banshee crew members go through a lot in Starfall now this book is about Cassie and Kane but we do also read about the whole banshee crew members as well. We also get too see Gage in Starfall too which I was so glad and happy too read about him, because he is one of my all time favorite characters in Starflight. But now he is a very wealthy young men now and I won't say why he is so wealthy because again spoiler. But I was just so happy too see him help the banshee crew once again and I just love him for that. I really do love this duology because it has an amazing friendships in it the banshee misfits is more like family, but they all started to learn and known about each other as friends first. But than the crew grow to one big happy misfit family which I will forever missed reading about them. Because sadly this is the last book of the Starflight duology that this duology will always have a piece of my heart. But the ending was a great and perfect ending. I will most definitely continue on and check out other books by Melissa Landers because I absolutely love her writing style the most! All and all I am sad it is an end of an amazing and fantastic book series, but I can't wait too read more by Melissa Landers in the near future! ( )
  KatiriaR | Aug 8, 2017 |
What I want to know is how any of the characters made it this long without shoving Cassia out into space. She is stubborn and hotheaded to the point that she is literally impossible to deal with. Is her character supposed to refute the others' assumptions about royals being entitled and arrogant? Because that backfired. And then there's the trainwreck that is Cassia and Kane. I was looking forward to their story when they were secondary characters in Starfall, but now that they're in the foreground I just want them to go away. My least favorite kind of "couple", they bicker constantly in a way that I think is meant to be endearing while trying to convince everyone they hate each other, yet simultaneously getting defensive and throwing tantrums when the other party considers another direction romantically. Are you as confused as I am? I gradually lost interest.

Who even really cares about the plot when you have to slog through these sort of interactions being marketed as "romantic"? I can't get past it. There's space stuff and some sort of very muddled gang-related conspiracy and a smattering of brief and disappointing cameos by our favorites from the first book while Cassia plays at queendom. Starflight was one of my top reads for this year so far, but unfortunately Starfall lacked the charged storyline and character appeal of its predecessor. Bummed. ( )
  GennaC | Mar 5, 2017 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,959,877 books! | Top bar: Always visible