Always My Girl (The Shaughnessy Brothers) by…

Always My Girl (The Shaughnessy Brothers) (edition 2016)

by Samantha Chase (Author)

Falling in love with your best friend? Easy. Telling them how you really feel? Impossible. Quinn Shaughnessy believes there's a lot more to life than romance, and he always thought his best friend Anna agreed. But now she's coming out of her shell and dating...and Quinn starts seeing her in a very different light. Anna can tell Quinn anything, except the big secret she's been hiding for years-that she's fallen in love with him. Now Anna is determined to make a life for herself that doesn't include hopeless pining. But just as she's ready to move on, Quinn seems determined not to let go-and the way he's looking at her might be enough to finally change them from best friends to best everything. The Shaughnessy Brothers Series: Made for Us (Book 1) Love Walks In (Book 2) Always My Girl (Book 3) This Is Our Song (Book 4) Praise for Made for Us: "Another winner in a series that is true to life." -RT Book Reviews, 4 stars… (more)
Member:suzydano
Title:Always My Girl (The Shaughnessy Brothers)
Authors:Samantha Chase (Author)
Info:Sourcebooks Casablanca (2016), 352 pages

Work Information

Always My Girl by Samantha Chase

With Love Walks In having been a tearjerker, Always My Girl has lightened things up with Quinn and Anna's story. Sometimes less is more. Samantha Chase came back swinging with this hilarious take on romance. Quinn does not do well with change, so when his best friend turns the tables on him and goes from girl next door to woman of his dreams anything can happen. Always My Girl is a fun friends to lovers novel that proves the versatility of Ms. Chase. She can do it all.
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
I ate the story-line in this one up. I loved the best friends who are in love but n denial plot. Let's face it, it happens all of the time.

At first, I was all about this book. I was expecting so much from a book like this. I wanted laughs, tears, some really great aha moments. The setups were there, but the delivery wasn't. I didn't feel what the scenes built me up to feel. The build was there, but with no follow through.

The characters in this story have the potential to be very likable, but their immaturity for their ages pulled away from that some. I would have assumed there would have been more growth in the characters. Instead, they were reminded me of teenagers from start to finish.

This book is definitely a light read. It is the perfect book for lounging out in the sun while reading. The time will fly with this book. If you are looking for a light book to pass the time with, this is the perfect book. ( )
  AmberGoleb | Mar 13, 2018 |
Quinn & Anna were best friends from the time she moved in next door when they were kids. They grew up together & as they grew up, Anna's feelings for Quinn changed. She fell in love with him & everyone could see it except for him. Anna was a great cook at the bar but decided she was tired of being everyone's buddy & the only way she'd find someone to love was to find a different career. When she had to start wearing suits & dresses for her real estate career, Quinn suddenly woke up and began seeing her differently. Quinn was a typical high school boy that never totally grew up. He was self absorbed & in his own little world. He took all of the little things Anna did to show her love as things he was entitled to.

Samantha has a great plot that leads us throughout the trials of two friends becoming lovers. Her characters are complex & multi dimensional. There were things I liked/disliked about all of them. Quinn was a jerk for taking advantage of Anna but his brothers, who claim to love Anna like a sister, never did anything about it. Anna seemed unable to stand up for herself & tell him off. What I liked is that this book wasn't typical. We explored Quinn's inability to process changes in the relationship & it's effect on him & others. Can Quinn find a way to process these changes or in his stubbornness & inability to allow anyone in, will he lose her for good?

Pam50627 | Sep 14, 2016 |
Samantha Chase is awesome! I've been a long time fan of hers. And when I got the chance to read this book early, I jumped on it. And, as always, she has hit the ball out of the park with awesome characters, a plot full of sparks and fun, and an ending that will leave you ready for the next instantly!

Quinn. Let's just say I want one of him. He's witty, charming and oh so yummy! From the start, I was captivated by his character and really hooked. Watching him come to terms with his thinking and his feelings for a certain best friend, really was a wonderful time!

Anna. Bless her soul, I loved how Ms. Chase chiseled her. Tom-Boy-esque and beautiful, she's Quinn's best friend since they were little. Her feelings are apparent from the start and watching the story unfold, and her secret, really added to the depth of the story!

Ms. Chase's ability to create life like characters is awesome. I loved feeling like I was personally a part of the story, and like some of those passionate sparks were right to me! A story filled with life long friends, a silently blooming love, and a hard headed man, this is the third book in the Shaunessy Brothers series, but it's definitely readable as a stand alone. This 5 star read is a definite recommended book and I can't wait to go back and read the first two Shaunessy Brothers! Well done, Ms. Chase, well done!

This review was originally posted on Cafinated Reads and was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  JboyzMom | Jul 19, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,461,409 books! | Top bar: Always visible