Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All The…

Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All The Boys I've Loved)

"Sweetly funny." --Entertainment Weekly New York Times bestselling author Lara Jean's letter-writing days aren't over in this surprise follow-up to the bestselling To All the Boys I've Loved Before and P.S. I Still Love You. Lara Jean is having the best senior year a girl could ever hope for. She is head over heels in love with her boyfriend, Peter; her dad's finally getting remarried to their next door neighbor, Ms. Rothschild; and Margot's coming home for the summer just in time for the wedding. But change is looming on the horizon. And while Lara Jean is having fun and keeping busy helping plan her father's wedding, she can't ignore the big life decisions she has to make. Most pressingly, where she wants to go to college and what that means for her relationship with Peter. She watched her sister Margot go through these growing pains. Now Lara Jean's the one who'll be graduating high school and leaving for college and leaving her family--and possibly the boy she loves--behind. When your heart and your head are saying two different things, which one should you listen to?… (more)
Member:RoseTJKennedy
Title:Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All The Boys I've Loved)
Authors:
Info:

Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han

Having already read the previous two books in the series, I knew what to expect of this one, so I wasn't disappointed. I just loved this book! The problems described in it may seem too small and unimportant for adults, but still, it was interesting to read about them all. This book became a kind of a cozy world for me where I happily returned every evening.

As I finished reading the book, I had a feeling of having watched a dorama. So I think that Korean culture fans should definitely read this series. ( )
  Diana_Hryniuk | Aug 28, 2021 |
This review was originally posted on Once Upon a Chapter

I was so excited to finish the final installment of the Lara Jean series. I had read both To All the Boys I've Loved Before and P.S. I Still Love You in a pretty brief amount of time. I think I had pretty high expectations going into Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han.

We have the same cast of characters but now most of them are trying to find resolution. I really find that Lara Jean resonates with me. We're both old souls who love to bake and want to hold on to our memories; almost to the point of being afraid to make new ones. I was really happy that Lara Jean was able to find a path that worked for her and didn't require sacrificing the most important things to her.

Always and Forever, Lara Jean got knocked down a whole star because the plot seemed to move so slowly. The previous two books absolutely flew by but this addition to the series seemed to drag for me. I think I was in week two of reading when I finally sat myself down and just read the last half of the book. Some of this may have to do with the timing of when I started reading this book and may not be the book's fault.

While the pacing of Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han was a bit off for me I found it to be a very satisfying conclusion to this trilogy.

stephaniedloves2read | Aug 8, 2021 |
I thought the movie was just so cute, and now I can tell you that the books are even more so! The first one follows basically the same plot as the movie, but the book ends a bit differently. Some of the events from the end of the movie don’t actually take place until the beginning of the second book, which also introduces the fifth of Lara Jean’s love letter recipients and navigates the very real, very complicated relationship of Lara Jean Covey and Peter Kavinsky. The third book is chock full of romantic gestures and adorableness as Lara Jean and Peter finish their last year of high school and prepare for college! ( )
  vvbooklady | May 9, 2021 |
This one was a little rushed, but it wasn't bad. It wasn't near as good as the second book, but it was better than the first. I found Lara Jean's father's relationship with Trina to be the most exciting part of the book. Once again, I thought Peter was unbearably annoying. As a series overall, I found it to be overrated, yet not horrible. I think it deserves some of the attention it gets, but I also think it gets more credit than it should. ( )
  angeljmartin | Mar 12, 2021 |
This was my favorite installment in the trilogy as a whole I think, which is definitely unusual and unexpected. There were some very good lessons here about making the decisions in life that are right for yourself, regardless of how much of a plan you have - because sometimes plans simply need to give way to great new opportunities. ( )
  TiffanyAK | Jan 1, 2021 |
For my dear readers. This one's for you.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,401,101 books! | Top bar: Always visible