The Sheriffs of Savage Wells

by Sarah M. Eden

"Paisley Bell is more than capable of being the sheriff of the sleepy town of Savage Wells--even if she is a woman. But when famed lawman Cade O'Brien arrives to take over the job, the two engage in a showdown of wits and skill. As sparks fly between the two sheriffs, Paisley is afraid she might not only lose her job, but also her heart."--Text from publisher.… (more)

Savage Wells is in need of a new sheriff. Cade O'Brien has been a lawman for years and has the experience to handle the job in a quiet town. Paisley Bell knows the eccentric members of the town and has been handling the responsibility of sheriff for months already. Who will win in this competition? Can love flourish in spite of the differing opinions?

This was an absolutely lovely read. The banter and back and forth between the characters made things interesting. We learn about Paisley's background slowly through the story and come to understand her better.

Cade was not much of a mystery. He is looking for a quiet place to call home after too many years of violence and bloodshed. He is taken aback by the strange characters he meets in the small town of Savage Wells but takes them in his stride. When real trouble hits, he relies on Paisley's experience in the town.

The plot moves at a good pace. The entire cast is entertaining. There are heartwarming moments and moments when my heart cried for what Paisley was dealing with.

For a clean romance, this is a perfect choice. ( )
  TheQuietReader | Apr 25, 2019 |
This is a proper romance which means no sex, no blood and gore and a HEA. There is no cliffhanger and I’m hoping like crazy it will become a series.

As I was walking through BEA this spring, this cover caught my attention. At the time, I didn’t know what “proper” romance meant. All it means is that it’s not erotica nor laced with religious connotations. I talked to the publisher and though they were plugging “proper” romances, they weren’t plugging any book in particular. While the cover attracted me to this book, the informative sell is what attracted me to Shadow Mountain.

This story was very easy reading romance. If you were looking for something to settle in with and feel good about, this is what you should pick up.

Paisley wants to help people and the only thing she feels she’s good at is being a lawman. She’s quite brilliant at it but as we all know, that time in the wild west was not known for giving women a chance at careers that did not include wife and mother. It also was not a time that men were nearly so open minded about women having a career.

This incredible story led me through Paisley’s trials and tribulations and finally, she got credit for all her hard work. I know I shouldn’t look for credit, but it’s always nice to see when someone works so hard at something and gets noticed for it.

I enjoyed this book. It was one of those that I picked up and had a very hard time putting it down. It wasn’t so much action and adventure, it was more like I found a kindred soul in Paisley Bell. ( )
  NellOneBookTwo | Oct 6, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,261,738 books! | Top bar: Always visible