Annie's Song (1996)

by Catherine Anderson

4211747,365 (4.05)1 / 12
Only her gift of love can heal . . . Annie Trimble lives in a solitary world that no one enters or understands. As delicate and beautiful as the tender blossoms of the Oregon spring, she is shunned by a town that doesn't understand her. But cruelty cannot destroy the love Annie holds in her heart. When Alex Montgomery learns of the injustice sweet Annie has suffered, he vows to do whatever it takes to set it right--even if it means marrying her. He never dreams he will fall for her childlike innocence, her womanly charms, and the wondrous way she views her world as Alex becomes captive to Annie's sweet song of love.… (more)

This book was very unique. One of the main character's is disabled. Which is rare in any plot. The characters were very well written. Very true to the time period.

Overall I enjoyed the plot the most. This book had a very unique plot. The heroin overcomes so many obstacles. She is put through things that would break another. Yet she endures and overcomes. The hero discovers the truth and does everything to support the heroine. A very endearing story. ( )
  LeahGreenClark | Oct 28, 2018 |
I liked this. And not because it played into my love of traumatized/abused/disabled heroines. It is seriously the sweetest thing I've ever read. ( )
  PNRList | Aug 15, 2018 |
I can not say enough wonderful things about this book. I LOVED IT! I read a ton and I can honestly say that this is one story will stay with me. I read it in less than a day and now I wish that I had spread it out longer but I just couldn't put it down. This is my first book by the author I am so excited to read more from her. ( )
  tiffsaddictiontobook | Jul 18, 2017 |
What a beautiful story of perseverance and love. The first part of this book was difficult to read. The things done to Annie were criminal and the lack of care given by her parents made me want to throw my book a few times, but then we meet Alex. I adored watching the relationship grow and seeing Annie drawn out of her world of silence. The touching scenes as the story unfolds make the injustice somewhat bearable. Annie deserved so much more from life than what she'd received and Alex went above and beyond. He became her champion and was sickened by the unfair treatment. He sought to change that from the beginning. Providing for her basic needs wasn't enough so he constantly found new ways to make her happy and help her communicate. It was a beautiful story. Very nicely done! ****Adult content**** ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
When I picked up this book, I was expecting something like Sherryl Jordan's "The Raging Quiet," instead "Annie's Song" turned out to be an historical Mills and Boon. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, I did. It was a sweet romance, it but could have been so much better. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |

Catherine Andersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Káňová, MartinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lama Lama, PedroTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Roques, BlandineTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
van Loon, ParmaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To our wonderful son John and his lovely new wife, Deanna.
May God, in His goodness, bless you with a future filled with joy, laughter, and wishes that come true.
Prologue
Hooperville, Oregon
Sunday, April 6, 1890

When he was sober, Douglas Montgomery was bearable to be around, but when he drank, Alan Dristol was afraid of him.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,900,363 books! | Top bar: Always visible