Any Place I Hang My Hat: A Novel by Susan…

Any Place I Hang My Hat: A Novel (original 2004; edition 2006)

by Susan Isaacs

Abandoned by her mother, raised by a zany grandmother while her father spent most of his time behind bars, and now a successful journalist, Amy Lincoln is intrigued when a man claims to be the illegitimate son of a presidential candidate. As she investigates this claim, Amy is inspired to look into her own past to discover the mother she never knew.… (more)
Member:laraf123
Title:Any Place I Hang My Hat: A Novel
Authors:Susan Isaacs
Info:Scribner (2006), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 382 pages
Collections:Untitled collection, Wishlist

Work Information

Any Place I Hang My Hat by Susan Isaacs (2004)

Amy Lincoln is a New York magazine political reporter. One of the politicians she is covering is confronted by a son he had long ago abandoned. This brought Amy to the point in her life when it was time to find answers about the mother who had left her as an infant. The story is actually way more interesting and compelling than that sounds. And Isaacs style is like munching your way through a box of your favorite candy. I actually listened to the unabridged CD version of this and it was delightful. ( )
  susandennis | Jun 5, 2020 |
A great heroine: witty, smart, tough, sweet, real. It’s a love story, and also a story about rediscovering one’s roots. The plot isn’t real original, but the character is definitely fun to hang out with. It’s worth the time, a good light read. ( )
  astrologerjenny | Apr 25, 2013 |
I used to really like Susan Isaacs but I find her latest books boring, dull, flat and I don't like characters. ( )
  gsusie4 | Feb 29, 2012 |
Okay, so it's chick lit -- one of my first and few forays into this genre. But I found Amy's wisecracks (though she comes across as annoyingly whiny at times) and those of her best friend enjoyable. I really got caught up in the plot of the eccentric broken family, with the pieces available - dad Chickie, his mom, and his sister - wacky yet lovable, and the missing pieces -- the mother who abandoned her found to be a moral pygmy and the coolish maternal grandmother remarkably sympatico. Overall, I think the book was more enjoyable to listen to than it would have been to read it. ( )
  MarthaHuntley | Jan 31, 2009 |
Ok book. Woman with a very difficult childhood, abondoned by her mother when a baby. Her father in prison, who is raised by a klepto grandma. She ends up being very smart, gets schlorships to private schools and then harvard. How she becomes a journalist for a large magazine and then looks for her mother. her best friend who is rich, and a boyfriend she breaks up with. But she gets back after she finally realizes what she wants, and seeks is a family. But not her mother. A family of her own. Slow at times,with lots of political crap she writes about.
5/29/07 ( )
  cindyloumn | Jun 8, 2008 |

Susan Isaacsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Werner, HoniCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,041,772 books! | Top bar: Always visible