Close to You by Kristen Proby

Close to You

by Kristen Proby

Series: Fusion (2)

ARC Review: Close To You (Fusion) by Kristen Proby

For Landon it took almost a lifetime to discover what Cami had admitted to at a young age. That falling in love is confusing, heartbreaking and worth all the drama in the end. I received an ARC of Close to You by Kristen Proby in exchange for an honest review. The second chance plot line is not that surprising in romance. It's been done before, quite often in fact. However, Camilla was the spark that drew me to this novel. Her undying love for the boy who captured her heart at age five and held it throughout youth, adulthood, distance and his blind ignorance made for a great payoff. Close to You has sentiment, brass and whole lot class added to the teasing allure. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Close to You was a quick read. The characters were cute as was their interaction with each other. The story was predictable and I was hoping for a little more. It was basically what I have come to expect from a general contemporary romance. Recommend to those who enjoy this genre and want a comfortable afternoon read. ( )
  sdbookhound | Oct 29, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
When I received this book, I had no idea it was part of a series, but that didn't keep me from enjoying Close to You just as much as I would have had I read the first book. I love these kind of contemporary romance. I know they're a little formulaic but I still love them, haha. I found Cami to be an overall likeable character, and Landon to be believably romantic. I've heard of Kristen Proby before but had never read any novels from her, after finishing this one a few weeks ago, I'm eager to look into her other works! ( )
  RJGonzales | May 2, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Close To You is a good read. A bit predictable for the most part, but still quite enjoyable. The story and characters are charming in their own way. I haven't read first book, but I didn't get lost or anything while reading this one. It's a book I would recommend to others and mine I would read again. ( )
  DARKANG3L | Oct 21, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Wow!!! I absolutely LOVED this book! I was instantly hooked on the beautiful characters in this story! They quickly stole my heart and made me a part of their story. I felt a part of each page turn, each smile or kiss they had for each other. That takes lots of talent! I definitely loved this book and I can't wait to recommend it to all my book lover friends! Well done! ( )
  JboyzMom | Sep 5, 2016 |

Kristen Probyprimary authorall editionscalculated
DeLisle, ArielleReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wayne, RogerReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
HarperAudioPublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Camilla, “Cami,” LaRue was five-years-old when she first fell in love with Landon Palazzo. Everyone told her the puppy love would fade—they clearly never met Landon. When he left after graduation without a backward glance, she was heartbroken. But Cami grew up, moved on, and became part-owner of wildly popular restaurant Seduction. She has everything she could want...or so she thinks.

After spending the last twelve years as a Navy fighter pilot, Landon returns to Portland to take over the family construction business. When he catches a glimpse of little Cami LaRue, he realizes she’s not so little any more. He always had a soft spot for his little sister’s best friend, but nothing is soft now when he’s around the gorgeous restauranteur.

Landon isn’t going to pass up the chance to make the girl-next-door his. She’s never been one for romance, but he’s just the one to change her mind. Will seduction be just the name of her restaurant or will Cami let him get close enough to fulfill all her fantasies?

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 24 Jun 2016 21:36:51 -0400)

"From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Kristen Proby comes the second novel in her sizzling Fusion series. Camilla, "Cami," LaRue was five-years-old when she first fell in love with Landon Palazzo. Everyone told her the puppy love would fade--they clearly never met Landon. When he left after graduation without a backward glance, she was heartbroken. But Cami grew up, moved on, and became part-owner of wildly popular restaurant Seduction. She has everything she could want...or so she thinks. After spending the last twelve years as a Navy fighter pilot, Landon returns to Portland to take over the family construction business. When he catches a glimpse of little Cami LaRue, he realizes she's not so little any more. He always had a soft spot for his little sister's best friend, but nothing is soft now when he's around the gorgeous restauranteur. Landon isn't going to pass up the chance to make the girl-next-door his. She's never been one for romance, but he's just the one to change her mind. Will seduction be just the name of her restaurant or will Cami let him get close enough to fulfill all her fantasies?"-- "Since the day she met Landon Palazzo, Camilla LaRue, part owner of the wildly popular restaurant Seduction, has been head-over-heels in love. Her puppy love at five years old only grew stronger as she grew older. And when Landon joined the Navy right after high school, Cami thought her heart would never recover. But she did, and all these years later, she's managed to not only survive, but thrive. Now, Landon is back and he looks better than ever... After spending the last twelve years as a Navy fighter pilot, Landon has finally returned home to Portland to take over the family construction business. After he catches a glimpse at little Cami LaRue, he realizes she's not so little any more. He always had a soft spot for his little sister's best friend, but nothing is soft when he's around the gorgeous restauranteur. Landon isn't going to pass up the chance to make the girl-next-door his. She's never been one for romance, but he's just the one to change her mind. Will seduction be just the name of her restaurant or will Cami let him get close enough to fulfill all her fantasies?"--… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Kristen Proby's book Close to You was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,696,442 books! | Top bar: Always visible