Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls…

Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls (and… (edition 2017)

by Lauren Graham (Author)

"This book contains some stories from my life: the awkward growing-up years, the confusing dating years, the fulfilling work years, and what it was like to be asked to play one of my favorite characters again. Also included: tales of living on a houseboat, meeting guys at awards shows, and that time I was asked to be a butt model. A hint: all three made me seasick."… (more)
Member:KShannahan
Title:Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls (and Everything in Between)
Authors:Lauren Graham (Author)
Info:Ballantine Books (2017), Edition: Reprint, 240 pages

Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham (Author)

Read Harder 2018: A celebrity memoir. ( )
  AnnaWaffles | Aug 28, 2020 |
Yes. Lauren Graham is hilarious but I got some solid life leading guidance from this. I know. I know. I signed on for the humor. She has some good advice. I really enjoyed this book in more ways than one. She is obviously a smart and loving person. One of the good guys. :) ( )
  whybehave2002 | Jul 20, 2020 |
(From www.pingwings.ca)

There was pretty much no way that I would not love this book. Gilmore Girls is one of my favourite TV shows – I’ve watched it since the beginning! I was almost the same age as Rory Gilmore and so I was super invested in the show; I could identify with aspects of Rory’s life, and wanted to be like her in a lot of ways.

I also loved Lorelai Gilmore, played by Lauren Graham. She was funny, sassy, smart, and complicated. So when this book was announced, I pre-ordered it immediately!

I love Lauren Graham’s writing. She is so lively and funny, and I could really hear her voice as I read. It was such a fun reading experience. I really liked reading about her start as an actor, but let’s face it, I 100% wanted to read this book for the Gilmore Girls-related content! I was so overjoyed to read about her memories of the show, from filming and early upfronts to her season-by-season viewing of the show in preparation for working on this book.

And of course I enjoyed reading about the filming of the revival episodes! And the way she kept talking about the ending of the new episodes (and those last four words) as a cliffhanger really makes me hope there’s a plan for more episodes in the future!

As much as I loved this book, it felt a bit slight. I would have liked more book, I suppose. At 224 pages, it seemed somewhat on the small side.

Overall, I loved Talking As Fast As I Can, as I knew I would! I am looking forward to more books from Lauren Graham – fiction or non-fiction – in the future! Definitely recommended! ( )
  kimmypingwing | Jul 7, 2020 |
Talking as Fast as I Can is a laughable, hard to put down, puts you in a good mood book written by Lauren Graham about her life, stories, and her life as Lorelai Gilmore. ( )
  Preston.Kringle | Jul 4, 2020 |
Lauren Graham is one of my favorites actresses so I was super excited when this book became available at my library! I really enjoyed her first book but I think I like this more. She breaks down the seasons of Gilmore Girls and you can really tell how much the show and character means to her. She also goes over Parenthood and how she got to be the actress she is today. She is working on a tv adaptation of The Royal We which I do wish she would have told more about that. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of Gilmore Girls! ( )
  KeriLynneD | Jul 3, 2020 |

Graham, LaurenAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Graham, LaurenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
for my mom and dad
Some of the most exciting things that happened in my life took place before I turned six years old.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Lauren Graham's book Talking As Fast As I Can was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,500,700 books! | Top bar: Always visible