SantaThing signup ends Monday at 12pm Eastern US. Check it out!
dismiss

The Stud by Jackie Collins

The Stud (edition 1971)

by Jackie Collins (Author)

Series: Fontaine Khaled (book 1)

London, 1969. The hottest, hippest, wildest domain of hedonists and pleasure-seekers, where swingers swarm the clubs and discos in a high-stakes quest to live for the moment. At the centre of this decadent scene, one man plays all the angles, never missing a chance to score with the beautiful women who desire him - and walks the line between ecstasy and overload. Now the woman he wants the most knows his number - and may just call his bluff.… (more)
Member:JoannaHens
Title:The Stud
Authors:Jackie Collins (Author)
Info:Signet (1993), Edition: Reissue, 304 pages

Work Information

The Stud by Jackie Collins

English (5)  Dutch (1)  All languages (6)
Raw, racy and rambunctious, this novel is funny, fast-paced and incisive. I would never have read Collins if a friend wasn't a fan. I was expecting saccharine melodrama, not satire. The characters float through the unexpected, trying to remain cynical throughout but Collins does a great job of showing the chink in the armour, making the protagonist a likeable one, naive and soft in his own way, despite his bravado and conceit.
Full of pizzazz and 70s glamour, this book was a crisp and quick read which I definitely enjoyed! ( )
1 vote Cecilturtle | Jun 20, 2021 |
2.5 stars ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
prettty shallow. not much story line to it. ( )
  carolynsuarez | Feb 19, 2016 |
A uni forced read, this book was categorised as a "sex-and-shopping" novel. Now, that's also the term used for chick lit, so I was intrigued. Did I have here the grandmother of all chick lit? Uhm, no. It's a fast romp and reads like the gossip column of Hello! magazine. Which isn't a bad thing in and of itself. What I didn't like about it was the fact that in the end, nothing changed. If you shuffled the names around a bit, and replaced the names of places, you could just slpa the last chapter in front of the first chapter, and off you go again. no one's learned a leson, changed or grown as a result of the story's little twists and jabs. I also don't like glamour novels in general, so this book was off on a bad start. Still, it's not nearly as horrible as our lecturer makes it out to be. ( )
  kikilon | Mar 31, 2009 |
1 vote kikianika | Jun 18, 2006 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,363,703 books! | Top bar: Always visible