House of M: Mutopia X by David Hine

House of M: Mutopia X (edition 2006)

by David Hine, Lan Medina

Collections:Your library, Read in 2010
Rating:**1/2
Tags:comics: marvel, binding: tpb

House of M: Mutopia X by David Hine

I'm in the process of reading all of the House of M books, and this one was next on my list. I've never read District X, so it probably would have been helpful if I'd had a working knowledge of that title, since most of the characters seem to come from that.

The story isn't particularly original or interesting, and the art was subpar. I was looking forward to reading about Bishop, especially since he plays such a big role in the current Cable title, but he doesn't appear much. Instead, the story focuses more on Ismael Ortega, who is fairly unlikeable. He cheats on his wife - apparently numerous times, since during one of their arguments his wife said that she'd warned him "the last time" that she'd kick him out if he pulled this again - and then tries to use the "but think of the kids" argument (which, sadly, worked). I can't stand that, in fiction or real life.

None of the characters seemed engaging or well-developed. I'm disappointed with this House of M tie-in, to be honest. ( )
  schatzi | Feb 19, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 078511811X, Paperback)

Lights, camera, terrorists! Special investigator of human and mutant affairs Ismael Ortega teams up with ordinary cop Lucas Bishop to make sure terrorists from the Human Resistance Movement don't kill hundreds by sabotaging a glamorous movie premiere! Plus: Ismael's daughter, Chamayra, prepares to take part in the Rite of Transcendence, a ritual that unleashes the untapped mutant potential in children! Collects Mutopia X #1-5.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:48 -0400)

Special investigator of human and mutant affairs Ismael Ortega teams up with ordinary cop Lucas Bishop to make sure terrorists from the Human Resistance Movement don't kill hundreds by sabotaging a glamorous movie premiere.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,538,325 books! | Top bar: Always visible