Chef Q in Paris: The Fall Collection by…

Chef Q in Paris: The Fall Collection (edition 2016)

by Didier Quemener (Author)

#1 Amazon Best Seller in French Cooking, Food & Wine "These are recipes you would actually do, and the chef provides easy instructions... Well done Chef Q " - Janice MacLeod, New York Times best-selling author of Paris Letters You don't have to travel to Paris to eat like a Parisian Instead, pick up Chef Q in Paris: The Fall Collection for quick, delicious and easy recipes that will have you shopping and cooking like a Parisian in no time. In this delightful cookbook, Parisian private chef Didier Qu mener shares recipes and cooking tips that will add some oh la la to your culinary repertoire. This collection of creative and international appetizers, mains and desserts also features: Secrets to cooking in "papillote" and tips for the creamiest soupsDesserts that are delicious and good for youAnecdotes that transport you to France and tips for shopping for the best seasonal produce-wherever you liveA Thanksgiving wine list crafted from Chef Didier's personal experiences spent enjoying his favorite holiday in the U.S. Check out Chef Q in Paris: The Fall Collection, the book that demystifies French cooking and helps you prepare fresh, tasty meals that will leave your guests shouting encore Author Interview Why did you choose to focus on seasonal cooking? Seasonal products are the key to great cooking To truly enjoy food at its best, we have to appreciate what nature gives us-and at the time when it's ready to be on our plates. For instance, I can't see myself cooking a cherry pie in December or a French apple tart in June Follow the seasons, and logically your meals will be tastier. French cuisine sounds delicious but French cooking sounds hard. Are your recipes easy? Involved? Somewhere in-between? That's another myth that needs a good debunking Like all great cuisine in this world, French cuisine started in the countryside where people had to be wise and frugal, using products available to them at a given time. Today, French "haute-cuisine" is a different ballgame, but when it comes to traditional, original and tasty French cooking, there is nothing complicated about it. The recipe? A bit of time, the right products and the right method You're a French-American chef living in Paris who sometimes works in the U.K. and often travels the world. I'm guessing I'll find international influences in your cookbook, and not just French recipes, right? You're correct That's what I love about traveling: being exposed to a variety of cuisines, products, stories behind recipes, etc. I love to learn about new foods and ingredients, and see how the locals use them in their cooking. Then I bring my discoveries back to my own kitchen… (more)
Member:sondic
Title:Chef Q in Paris: The Fall Collection
Authors:Didier Quemener (Author)
Info:Velvet Morning Press (2016), 82 pages
Rating:***
Tags:Paris, cooking, chef, cookbook, cuisine, food, cook

Work Information

Chef Q in Paris: The Fall Collection by Didier Quemener

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Loved the stories told about the recipes and the regions. And some intriguing recipes to try. This isn't a cookbook for those who want seriously hard dished to make, or to be a gourmet. It is targeted more to those who just love to cook, and enjoy food. ( )
  literatefool | Mar 5, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This cookbook was really wonderful to read through - and has some unique recipes. The author gives insight into each dish: the history, a story about where he came across it, or other options if you don't like the recipe he has included. What I love most about it is that it always gives a wine or cocktail pairing with the dishes. The ingredients list and instructions are easy to read and follow. I received this as an ebook and perhaps I will purchase the actual book for the kitchen. I received this ebook free from Librarything.com for my honest review. ( )
  BmeredithE | Jan 11, 2017 |
There isn't enough I can say about these recipes, I was drawn to this book because I adore French food. I stayed and worked through recipes because I found I could and they turned out great! I'm a dessert fan and found the Chocolate Almond Pear Turnovers to be fantastic and a must make for coming into the fall.

I was provided an ARC copy of this book through Netgalley. ( )
  Bibliophile.Reviews | Dec 25, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This collection of recipes is a seasoanl one, and also as one might guess from the Fall in the title US based. It might cause UK readers such as myself a few problems (e.g. the cauliflower soup recipe I was looking at had cilantro, but a quick internet search told me this was corriander, which I could obtain). I also prefer working in metric units, but at least ounces etc are easier to convert than the cups you often find in US books. I like the way the author presents the recipes, with a personal introduction to each of what he likes about it. Then, as well as the recipes themselves, there are short sections labelled 'Cheers' (suggested drinks to accompany) and 'Tips', where he often suggests ways in which the recipes can be varied. I did at first try looking through it on my ebook reader, and although this works fine it is probably better to use a tablet or computer so that you can see the photos in colour (somehow much more inspiring than black and white versions). ( )
  fancett | Dec 24, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was expecting more of a story so must of read the description incorrectly. Though I have bookmarked several recipes to try.
  TinaC1 | Nov 10, 2016 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Didier Quemener's book Chef Q in Paris: The Fall Collection was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,781,164 books! | Top bar: Always visible