Wires and Nerve: Volume 1 by Marissa Meyer

Wires and Nerve: Volume 1

by Marissa Meyer, Douglas Holgate (Illustrator)

3642044,537 (4.13)30

I love the Lunar Chronicles series of novels, so I was super-psyched to see this graphic novel sequel when it arrived. (And there's book 2 as well, yay!) The art is gorgeous, blue-tinted and in a realistic style I really like. Iko the android also takes center stage, for a change, which was a lot of fun. Great banter between characters and an exciting continuation of the story. ( )
  GoldieBug | Nov 27, 2018 |
I really liked it as a newcomer, knowing none of the previous books. Good artwork and an interesting relationship between Iko and Liam ( )
  DestDest | Oct 11, 2018 |
I never read a graphic novel before, but I picked this up after reading Winter because I wasn't ready to say goodbye to the crew of the Rampion and I was hoping to find out a little about what happened next on Luna. Still not my favorite type of novel, but it did meet my criteria. ( )
  ang709 | Jul 31, 2018 |
Marissa Meyer returns to the world of the Lunar Chronicles with this graphic novel which follow's Cinder's android friend, Iko. Iko is tasked with helping round up the rest of the Lunar Wolf soldiers on Earth, and the takes to the task with grace and style. The novel is beautifully done, with visuals in a blue/black scale, and it's overall a nice return to this familiar world and beloved characters.
  Breanne.Lawson | Jul 18, 2018 |
Here's a little run down for The Lunar Chronicles - First read Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Fairest, Winter then Wires and Nerve before reading the last short story in the series. I for the life of me can't remember what it's called but it's something like Something New maybe? Just don't...it's tempting but if you want the story in chronological order do yourself this one favor.

In this installment of the series, Iko is the hero. Cinder needs help fulfilling her end of the Lunar Earthen peace agreement having to do with the mutant wolf army Levana deployed on earth a while back. Even though she's queen many of them refuse to return back to Luna to face a trial for their crimes. Since any living being within their proximity would be eviscerated in under ten seconds, Iko makes it her mission to bring back every one of the former Queen's Army.

This isn't my usual style of art. I'm no expert when it comes to describing things but I prefer my graphic novels to be a little more detailed. That didn't make this one any less enjoyable. There's something about the blue that made me appreciate the style a little more though. The story was really fun and I could tell Meyer did her research for writing this type of script. It was totally in Iko's POV and her wanting to tell it in graphic novel form is so like her.

The rating is probably more of my TLC fangirlness but this book just brought back a ton of feels for the series as a whole. It was so good to get a glimpse of Cinder as the Lunar Queen and Cress and Thorne travelling around the world to deliver the letumosis antidote in various places. There was one thing that did leave me scratching my head and as much as I love Iko there's no getting around the fact that she's an android. I know that the next novel is going to mess with my mind for sure. ( )
1 vote Jessika.C | Jul 2, 2018 |

Marissa Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Holgate, DouglasIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Gilpin, Stephensecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Deas, RichCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
di Bosco, Danielle MazzellaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

AR Level 4.7, 2 pts

When rogue packs of wolf-hybrid soldiers threaten the tenuous alliance between Earth and Luna, android Iko joins up with a handsome royal guard to hunt down the rogue leader.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,069,253 books! | Top bar: Always visible