Tidying Up Art

by Urs Wehrli

A hilarious reconfiguration of important paintings, comedian Ursus Wehrli deconstructs the works of famous artists and reconstructs them to fit his more orderly view of the world.

im Sonderlesesaal gelesen
  Klookschieter | Aug 18, 2020 |
I loved art of clean up, and tidying up its predecessor, the bang was not as loud for me in this earlier work but it's just as clever, maybe more so . ( )
  nkmunn | Nov 17, 2018 |
Last year I read The Art of Clean Up - Life Made Neat and Tidy by Ursus Wehrli, and this is his earlier offering, Tidying Up Art.

Again we see Wehrli breaking down (in this case an image or famous artwork) and re-organising it so that it's neat and tidy.

Many of the artworks chosen were examples of modern art, abstract art and cubism and while these were entertaining, to be honest, I would have preferred some more selections over a wider selection of styles. Nevertheless, Tidying Up Art did make me smile and ponder his work for some time, although it didn't make me laugh out loud the way The Art of Clean Up did.

Having enjoyed this series so much, and admiring Wehrli's technique, I've since discovered that there's a term for what he does and it's called knoll or knolling.

Knolling is the process of arranging like objects in parallel or 90 degree angles as a method of organisation.

In fact, you can see this 'method' of organisation everywhere as soon as you start to look. Have you heard of knolling? I love it! ( )
  Carpe_Librum | Sep 8, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,188,497 books! | Top bar: Always visible