Hero: Homecoming, Book III by R. A.…

Hero: Homecoming, Book III (original 2016; edition 2016)

by R. A. Salvatore (Author)

Something akin to "peace" has come to the Underdark. The demon hordes have receded, and now the matron mothers argue over the fate of Drizzt Do'Urden. Even so, it becomes clear to one matriarch after another that while the renegade drow may come and go Menzoberranzan, the City of Spiders will crawl forever on. And so Drizzt is free to return to his home on the surface once again. Scores are settled as lives are cut short, yet other lives move on. For the lone drow there is only a single final quest- a search for peace, for family, for home--for the future. Hero picks up where Maestro left off, in a sweeping climax to an epic tale.… (more)
Member:DoaneNerd
Title:Hero: Homecoming, Book III
Authors:R. A. Salvatore (Author)
Info:Wizards of the Coast (2016), Edition: 1st, 384 pages

Work Information

Hero by R. A. Salvatore (2016)

Following what may very well have been the most epic battle of Drizzt's life, it turns out the real war is just beginning. And this time he's not facing a giant monster or an sinister Drow Matron. No, to win this war, Drizzt must finally face his own demons if he is ever going to be able to find peace. But nothing is going to stop or let up to give him the time and the space to do so. To keep himself and his friends safe, there is much that needs to be done and not really that much time in which to see it all through.

An interesting conclusion to this trilogy, to be quite honest. There are moments where this really seemed to drag, though I think it simply had to in order for the story that needed to be told to unfold on the page. It has that solid epic conclusion feel to it, which makes me tend to believe the "word on the street" that this is it for the tales of the Drow. And if so, I think it ended well and it did leave me satisfied with where it all lives in the end.

[Disclaimer: This review is based on an advance reading copy received from the publisher via NetGalley.] ( )
  crtsjffrsn | Aug 27, 2021 |
Guess I forgot to log this one. Read it out of order so I got a little confused on the storyline but it all came clear after awhile. The Dark Elf is seeming to get a bit more introspective these days, more thought and less action makes Drizzt kind of a boring elf..... ( )
  aldimartino | Nov 24, 2020 |
  Andy_DiMartino | Nov 24, 2020 |
Really liked this. Love all the dark elf stories and plots in it ( )
  jockumsen | Apr 26, 2020 |
Hero (Homecoming #3; The Legend of Drizzt #30)
by R.A. Salvatore

I really can’t say how many of R.A. Salvatore’s books I have read. But I can tell you how many I have loved. Not a number of course or I would have told you how many I have read. My Favorites being The DemonWars closely followed by Drizzt.

I have been reading about the outcast Drow Elf since 1990, and he never disappoints. Lots of action with high-quality characters. Good pacing and as always well written.

This was a good ending to the trilogy, most likely the series. Possibly the most emotional I have been about a series end since Wheel of Time. But now that I think about it I had been reading that one since 1990 also. God now I feel emotionally wrung out AND OLD.

I have grown and changed considerably in the years since I first picked up a Drizzit book. So has Drizzit and friends. Still I did want to box his stupid pointy ears a few times while reading Hero.

If you have ever read a Drizzt Do’Urden book then you have to read this one. If have never read a Drizzt Do’Urden book then what is wrong with you? You call yourself a fantasy book fan? You should be ashamed of yourself! Go! Just go!

All joking aside Hero is a great book with a more than satisfying end. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Trevorsherman | Oct 25, 2017 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,512,434 books! | Top bar: Always visible