Be on the Lookout: Bodyguard (Orion…

Be on the Lookout: Bodyguard (Orion Security)

by Tyler Anne Snell

811,527,266 (3)None

Good book with plenty of action and romance. Jonathan was one of the original members of Orion and has had a satisfying career as a bodyguard. But as he watched his friends fall in love and settle down, Jonathan realized that he was ready to plant some roots of his own. Before his boss gives him the desk job he wants, Jonathan had one more assignment to complete.

Kate was a brilliant scientist who made a breakthrough that could change the face of law enforcement. As she prepared to present her findings at a special convention, Kate received letters threatening her work and her life. She didn't take them seriously and believed that there was no need for a bodyguard. Fortunately, her father disagreed and hired Orion to watch over her.

I really wanted to shake Kate at the beginning. She was adamant in her belief that the threats against her were not serious and made her feelings clear to Jonathan. He accepted her disbelief, but also made sure she knew that he would do his job regardless of her belief. Kate thought she was so clever when she ditched Jonathan until she ran into a situation when she felt threatened. Though her relief was real, she quickly convinced herself she imagined things.

I enjoyed the development of the relationship between Kate and Jonathan. There was a connection between them from the start, one that Kate especially tried to resist as she preferred to concentrate on her work. Jonathan was intrigued by Kate, and his customarily detached attitude quickly turned personal. I loved the extra layer of protectiveness it brought out in him. I liked seeing them wiggle past each other's walls as they spent time together. But even though the feelings between them grew, neither believed anything could come of it because their jobs were half a country apart. I ached for Jonathan, who thought that Kate was way above his level, and missed her when he returned to Dallas. The scene at Mark and Kelli's wedding reception was sweet and romantic. I loved Jonathan's surprise and his realization that he now had everything he could wish for.

The suspense of the story was excellent. The intensity started pretty low but escalated rapidly once Kate arrived in New York. It seemed that no matter what Kate and Jonathan did, the bad guys were always right on their heels. I was glued to the pages when Jonathan had to trust an outsider to help when Kate was drugged. I loved the scenes with him and Jake and their uneasy alliance until Kate recovered. There were some unexpected twists as Jonathan, Kate, and Jake got closer to the truth. The final confrontation was fantastic and had me on the edge of my seat until it was all over. ( )
  scoutmomskf | May 6, 2019 |
This book is for Virginia Spears.
You're a beautiful, brilliant, hilarious sunflower. I hope we grow old together and can still make fun of all the silly things we did when we were younger. You're one of the best humans I know and, for that, you deserve much more than dedication in a book. However, that's all I'm working with for now, so I hope this will do, you exotic, sparkling unicorn, you.
He wouldn't tell anyone this, but the fight almost ended much differently.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373699255, Mass Market Paperback)

Protecting a woman who claimed she didn't need a bodyguard made his final case the most interesting of his career…

Before he settles down behind the desk, Orion Security bodyguard Jonathan Carmichael has one last assignment. One that might prove to be more than he bargained for. Because Kate Spears is adamant she doesn't need his protection. And a woman who doesn't want a bodyguard could be difficult, dangerous—and terribly intriguing.

Kate is used to taking care of herself. Unfortunately, her most recent scientific discovery has made someone intent on taking her research and her life. Now only one man stands between her and death. And while Jonathan is more than capable of protecting her body, she fears he could be the one man to wreak havok on her very soul.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 25 Jul 2016 19:25:39 -0400)

"Protecting a woman who claimed she didn't need a bodyguard made his final case the most interesting of his career..."--Back cover.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,371,957 books! | Top bar: Always visible