All Together Dead (Southern Vampire…

All Together Dead (Southern Vampire Mysteries, Book 7) (edition 2010)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:schatzi
Title:All Together Dead (Southern Vampire Mysteries, Book 7)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Ace Trade (2010), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:eLibrary, Read in 2012
Rating:***1/2
Tags:series: southern vampire mysteries, fiction: mystery, fiction: paranormal, ebook, fiction: vampires, fiction: wereanimals, fiction: fae

All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris

English (180)  Dutch (1)  All languages (181)
I have been trying to get caught up on this series, and I think I am getting a little tired of Sookie's world. The vampire summit meeting was interesting, and learning more about vampire justice was interesting too. But the secondary story about people sabotaging the meeting was a little too easy to figure out. I new right from the beginning what the "big plan" was for infiltrating the hotel. And I was bothered that none of the characters figured it out fast enough.

Sookie develops more of a relationship with Quinn, and we learn his dark secret past. There are more developments with Eric. Bill is left out of most of the action this time around.

This is still a fun series to read, and I plan on reading #8 soon. ( )
  readingover50 | Jun 11, 2019 |
I hadn't expected this one to come off my hold list so quickly. I'd listened to the last few on audiobook, but was curious as to how Sookie's story was going. It's still going, and should continue - as the story sets her up for more trouble in the future after Harris updates the narrative to include the effects of Katrina on Louisiana and vampire politics. (June 09, 2007) ( )
  cindywho | May 27, 2019 |
I thought it was well done - things are getting more and more complicated for Sookie Stackhouse as she's gotten into the middle of various plots - vampires against vampires, humans against vampires - as well as having a were-tiger, a couple of vampires and a telepath interested in her. Lots to juggle in this one. ( )
  LisaMorr | May 24, 2019 |
I think I'm starting to lose patience with these books. This is probably partially because I'm reading them all in such a short time, but I just feel like Harris's 'verse has so much potential and sometimes the plot ends up more boring than I'd anticipated. This one has a much better premise, in my opinion, but there weren't any new characters which were that interesting (Barry could've been so awesome, for instance).

Of course, my favourite thing was the blood bond, but increasingly I'm bored with anything not involving Sookie, Eric, Pam, or Amelia. I'd hoped the Queen and Andre would continue to be sympathetic characters, but that didn't happen. I wish she'd delve deeper into her characters instead of focusing on mundane Mary Sue-ish things like shopping and outfits. The books could definitely use more insight.

An irrelevant aside: did anybody else notice that Harris has a thing for guys coming in their pants? Quinn did once, and Eric has twice now. This is not a complaint on my part.

At this point I'm just wanting to finish what's been written so far, in anticipation of upcoming Eric/Sookie scenes. Maybe the fandom for these books will grow substantially enough for there to be fanfiction which surpasses the quality of the canon (like Harry Potter, for instance). I know there are smart women with more sense than Charlaine Harris out there reading these things. ( )
  xiaomarlo | Apr 17, 2019 |
Reread 2019. Changed my rating from 5 stars to 3.5-4. I think this book is quite entertaining. Lots of stuff happening and in a different setting. But not as good as I originally felt it was. There was very little Bill though, so that's good. ( )
  CielCat | Feb 6, 2019 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to a few of the women I'm proud to call "friend": Jodi Dabson Bollendorf, Kate Buker, Toni Kelner, Dana Cameron, Joan Hess, Eve Sandstrom, Paula Woldan, and Betty Epley. All of you have meant something different to me, and I feel grateful to know you.
Jodi Dabson Bollendorf
Kate Buker
Toni L. P. Kelner
Dana Cameron
The Shreveport vampire bar would be opening late tonight.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441015816, Mass Market Paperback)

Betrayed by her longtime vampire love, Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse must now not only deal with a possible new man in her life—the oh-so-handsome shapeshifter Quinn—but also contend with a long-planned vampire summit. With her power base weakened by hurricane damage to New Orleans, the local vampire queen is vulnerable to those hungry for a takeover. Soon, Sookie must decide what side she'll stand with. And her choice may mean the difference between survival and all-out catastrophe.

And with HBO's launching of an all-new show, True Blood, based on the Southern Vampire novels, the demand for Charlaine Harris and Sookie Stackhouse is bigger than ever.

Watch a QuickTime trailer for the HBO original series True Blood.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:19 -0400)

Betrayed by her longtime vampire lover, cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse has her hands full dealing with every kind of undead and paranormal creature, as well as the new man in her life, the shapeshifter Quinn, and the upcoming vampire summit.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,763,528 books! | Top bar: Always visible