The Last Kids on Earth and the Zombie Parade…

The Last Kids on Earth and the Zombie Parade (edition 2016)

by Max Brallier (Author), Douglas Holgate (Illustrator)

"After the monster apocalypse, Jack Sullivan has been having an awesome time living in a tree house with his three best friends. But when zombies start mysteriously disappearing, Jack and his friends suspect that an extremely evil force is at work"--
Member:samw.b2
Title:The Last Kids on Earth and the Zombie Parade
Authors:Max Brallier (Author)
Other authors:Douglas Holgate (Illustrator)
Info:Viking Books for Young Readers (2016), 304 pages

Work Information

The Last Kids on Earth and the Zombie Parade by Max Brallier

I love listening to this series. The narrator, Robbie Daymond, does such a good job bringing the stories to life. Daymond really brings out the humor and zany adventures! Zombie Parade is the 2nd book in this series. The stories build on each other, so it's pretty important to read/listen to them in order. But at an average of about 5 hours per story....it's not hard to work through this series in a short amount of time. Great listening entertainment for kids...and adults!

I enjoyed listening to the newest tale of the monster-pocalypse while commuting to work and working in my yard. I love the humor and fun in these stories. The characters are awesome, the humor is zany and the plots are just fun! This is a great action series for kids. Nothing age inappropriate, some slightly gross monsters to battle, and a great group of kids facing a new, much more slimy world with great ingenuity.

Very entertaining! I'm moving on to book 3 -- The Last Kids on Earth and the Nightmare King! This series has been made into a show for Netflix. Now that I've read through the second book, I'm going to start watching! Book 1 was the show's first season. Season 2 coming April 17th, 2020. I hope the series is as fun as the books! ( )
  JuliW | Nov 22, 2020 |
Jack, June, Dirk, Quint
  paula-childrenslib | Dec 16, 2019 |
Jack Sullivan and his three best friends may be the last kids left on Earth. But, there are the zombies. Oh, and the monsters. When Jack realizes that the zombies are disappearing, he decides to get to the bottom of it. He and his friends embark on a quest and discover a plethora of strange things on the way, including a giant wormungulous, that has apparently decided to live at the nearby mall, a popular pizza parlor that has now become the new hotspot hangout for monsters, and a new rumor, one that just happens to mention that the destroyer of worlds would like to come to Earth. It’s up to Jack and his friends to figure out the mystery of the disappearing zombies and save the earth from being destroyed.

What I liked: pretty much everything. The illustrations are actually part of the story. For example, you’re reading a passage and the picture is there in place of a paragraph, so you have to read the illustration to understand what happens next. The main character is great, flaws and all. And, of course, the story has zombies AND monsters, so how could it not be amazing?

What I did not like: some of the other characters were just a tad bit flat, especially June. But, since the story is told in first person through Jack’s voice, it’s fine.

A fast and enjoyable read.

5 out of 5 stars ( )
  AlbaArango | Apr 4, 2018 |
This series is great, its as if the author wrote out a play through from the Call of Cthulhu tabletop game, tossed in kids from Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and then replaced the insanity with humor. From giant monsters from other dimensions, to unspeakable (and unpronounceable) planet munching horrors from before time, with a party carved straight out of a D&D campaign, this book is a great entry point for kids that enjoy horror or parents who are horror fans that may be looking to pass that on. ( )
  Nagenivek | Oct 4, 2017 |

Max Brallierprimary authorall editionscalculated
Daymond, RobbieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,088,045 books! | Top bar: Always visible